Odd Future's Left Brain Assaults Female Photog

yeah. i mean, i really don't like those annoying greeters in stores at the mall and i've told them that before, so next time i go into american eagle, i think i'll punch them in the face. cuz i mean, fuck those guys. even though that's what they're getting paid to do, i've told them not to stand there saying 'welcome to american eagle' to me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way i know how to answer this is fuck those photographers. this group has a rep for not wanting you there and will probably kick you in the face. if you dont wanna get hurt or have your stuff damaged dont go. if you want to take the chance then by all means go for it and do your best.

"Harris was credentialed to shoot the concert by the publicity firm Mitch Schneider Organization and organizers of Voodoo Experience. She was ushered into the photo pit area in front of the stage by Voodoo staff moments before the group came on."

Guess what, it doesn't fucking matter if OF doesn't like photographers or women, or the combination of the two. It wasn't their festival or their own personal concert. The promotors put those photographers there.

If OF didn't like it they should have either put it in their contract a head of time that they didn't want them in the photo pit or they shouldn't have signed on to the festival.

There is no excuse for hitting a woman in the face. "Celebrity" or not.

Also, comparing an unassuming photographer with a mercenary who got his head cut off as the same thing and we shouldn't feel bad for either of them is idiotic.

yeah. i mean, i really don't like those annoying greeters in stores at the mall and i've told them that before, so next time i go into american eagle, i think i'll punch them in the face. cuz i mean, fuck those guys. even though that's what they're getting paid to do, i've told them not to stand there saying 'welcome to american eagle' to me.

Thank you.

the only way i know how to answer this is fuck those photographers. this group has a rep for not wanting you there and will probably kick you in the face. if you dont wanna get hurt or have your stuff damaged dont go. if you want to take the chance then by all means go for it and do your best.

"Harris was credentialed to shoot the concert by the publicity firm Mitch Schneider Organization and organizers of Voodoo Experience. She was ushered into the photo pit area in front of the stage by Voodoo staff moments before the group came on."

Guess what, it doesn't fucking matter if OF doesn't like photographers or women, or the combination of the two. It wasn't their festival or their own personal concert. The promotors put those photographers there.

If OF didn't like it they should have either put it in their contract a head of time that they didn't want them in the photo pit or they shouldn't have signed on to the festival.

There is no excuse for hitting a woman in the face. "Celebrity" or not.

Also, comparing an unassuming photographer with a mercenary who got his head cut off as the same thing and we shouldn't feel bad for either of them is idiotic.

You saved me the trouble - spot on. It's contemptuous to the Festival to act this way. I honestly can't believe all the folks defending idiotic behavior. It was deliberate and it's part of a really lame act that's part of a fabricated image. Odd Future hates the media - they're rebels! Lame.

I had that job at AE for about five years. Most of my fellow co-workers (aside from a chosen few) could have learned a lot from a punch in the face.

Besides, we were all 'trained' to only greet the parents anyways. They're the ones spending the real money.

...what I'm getting at is, I'm tryin to flirt with your mom/dad.

i think you guys missed what i was saying, or at least meant. if you know the artist is probably going to punch you in the face then why stand up against the stage?

its a known risk regardless of what the were contracted to do. im not supporting the group. i dont support any entertainer that physically harms their crowd. and you know how i do that? i dont go to their shows.

i have a hard time feeling bad for the chainsaw juggler when he eventually cuts his leg off.

i think you guys missed what i was saying, or at least meant. if you know the artist is probably going to punch you in the face then why stand up against the stage?

its a known risk regardless of what the were contracted to do. im not supporting the group. i dont support any entertainer that physically harms their crowd. and you know how i do that? i dont go to their shows.

i have a hard time feeling bad for the chainsaw juggler when he eventually cuts his leg off.

That's how I feel. When I get told that I'm not wanted somewhere, I leave. Simple as that. I don't think people should hit people, but I DO think people should listen to people.

so you're saying that if i work for a magazine as a photographer, and they say 'allison, your next assignment is to go to zimbabwe and photograph the worst rap group ever perform' and i say 'but they hate photographers! they might try to assault me and ruin my equipment!' and the editor says 'go do your job or i'll find someone else who will', it's MY fault for doing the job i was assigned to do and being harrassed by some assholes?

if it's my job to deliver mail to people in my building and someone says 'hey, if you give me one more power of attorney form, i'm going to break your legs', you think it's ok if in the course of doing my job i have to deliver one of those forms to them and in turn they break my legs?

yes, there are acceptable and reasonable risks that come with any job you have. but deliberate and inappropriate behavior from 'artists' towards others in their field shouldn't be considered acceptable or reasonable.

i don't understand some of the logic in this thread.

i never said odd future's actions were reasonable or acceptable. i said that these guys knew the risks they were getting themselves into. the one guy even welcomed it. why would you lean on a stage where the entertainer is purposely trying to fuck with you and your peers? i know if i had the opportunity to shoot it i would, but as soon as i realized these guys were reaching out and tearing shit up then i would take, oh i dont know, like five to six steps back. to me, it sounds like this lady was expecting to get hit and now she is reaping the publicity. especially since other people who were there are saying she was basically lying. "i had a red mark for hours.." give me a break. thats what first graders say when someone horse plays to hard on the playground. if i complained to the police that i had a red mark they would laugh in my face. again, i dont condone what they are doing but at some point people have to be help accountable and i can tell you it wont be odd future, they are stars!

in a perfect world, i would totally agree with you. odd future are the villains here. in a perfect world i could walk down the shadiest street in atlanta at 3AM and i would be fine. but since we dont, if i walked down that street and got shot, mugged, raped, beheaded, etc. it would be a tragedy but people would say, "WTF was he doing over there in the first place?"

so you're saying that if i work for a magazine as a photographer, and they say 'allison, your next assignment is to go to zimbabwe and photograph the worst rap group ever perform' and i say 'but they hate photographers! they might try to assault me and ruin my equipment!' and the editor says 'go do your job or i'll find someone else who will', it's MY fault for doing the job i was assigned to do and being harrassed by some assholes?

if it's my job to deliver mail to people in my building and someone says 'hey, if you give me one more power of attorney form, i'm going to break your legs', you think it's ok if in the course of doing my job i have to deliver one of those forms to them and in turn they break my legs?

yes, there are acceptable and reasonable risks that come with any job you have. but deliberate and inappropriate behavior from 'artists' towards others in their field shouldn't be considered acceptable or reasonable.

i don't understand some of the logic in this thread.

+1. If I start saying I hate when my boss gives me assignments and make it known that I am violent when assignments are given it does not justify me harming my boss nor can it really deter my boss from doing his job.

also, in the case of "if your editor sent you to..." im pretty sure you would be more than covered on equipment and they would go to bat for you if someone assaulted you on the job. ill take assault for a nice, fat check. ;)

i agree with you on that.

however, to say that you should be expected to be deliberately physically attacked solely because some over-privileged douchebags in the limelight don't like you doing your job is ridiculous.

they claim to be artists and photographers themselves, but i find that ludicrous, given the lack of respect they give to others in the field.

I'm just gonna go right out there and say it..... ovary the fuck up people.

This broad is a photographer. If she wasn't willing to accept these kind of risks, she shoulda been out in the fucking woods snapping pictures of pretty little flowers. But you know what? The fact is that she is a photog who wants to shoot bands. When you're up that close, you just have to accept the risks and fucking ovary up. And seriously, isn't the point of being an up close and personal photog to have good/crazy stories about intense situations?

I find this story kinda similar to the story about the girl who got pissed on by R. Kelly. If she didn't wanna get pissed on... why didn't she move the fuck out the way? In this sort of situation you should know there's a certain amount of risk and you just gotta roll with it. If anything... why weren't here reflexes/reaction time better? Is this her first time shooting at a show? Has she never had to dodge a crowd surfer before? Get with the program. Or you know what? Go shoot a fuckin Bon Iver show. I guarantee everyone is nice and respectful, and sterile, and boring at a Bon Iver show.

This is Odd fucking Future. The only reason that they're popular is for their ridiculous, outlandish, unpredictable behavior. I don't even know THAT much about Odd Future.... but after one gander at a youtube video, I can see that the crowd is wild, moving, and anything could happen at any time.

Frankly, I'd be happy with a good story about shooting an insane band if I were her. She played with fire, got singed, and now it's over. Deal with it. Rock n roll...

acceptable risks at shows:

getting kicked in the head by a crowd surfer

having your camera knocked out of your hand by said crowd surfer

getting crushed in the mosh pit

getting sprayed with water or other bodily fluids such as blood

all sorts of other miscellaneous bodily harm

yes, there are many risks. however, these are all accidental.

an artist deliberately trying to fuck you and your equipment up is never acceptable. saying 'it's a rock show and you're dealing with rock stars so you should expect it' shouldn't ever be ok to say. if it's not ok if i do it to you, why is it ok if someone making lots of money does it to you?

I still can't get over the idea that people think of a rock show as a hazardous environment. It's a staged event with a predictable beginning, middle and end with a set list to guide them through it. The performers are paid entertainers. This isn't a damn war zone and a performer shouldn't feel inclined to turn it into one.

Now, in a spot like a concert, accidents happen but deliberate actions in a situation like this aren't excused.

honestly i dont give two shits what odd future calls or thinks of themselves. i think their music is pretty bad and their attitude even worse. it doesnt change the fact that she made herself a victim. everyone else took a step back, she didnt. she fucked with the bull and got the horns.

Gimme danger, I'm no stranger...

This photog is just fishin for money from an easy target. A SERIOUSLY easy target. Hahaha.

honestly i dont give two shits what odd future calls or thinks of themselves. i think their music is pretty bad and their attitude even worse. it doesnt change the fact that she made herself a victim. everyone else took a step back, she didnt. she fucked with the bull and got the horns.

Gimme danger, I'm no stranger...

This photog is just fishin for money from an easy target. A SERIOUSLY easy target. Hahaha.

i guess you missed reading the part that says she's not pressing charges.