VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I think my favourite part of the PPV was that Swagger didn't even get an entrance.  There's no better way for them to say "we've lost faith in you".

Main event aside it was a pretty good Mania.  Punk/Taker and Triple H/Lesnar were both amazing matches.  Fandango/Jericho was pretty decent, although the end felt a little off.

Let's just hope they get rid of Zeb now.

The 8-person tag match has a higher spot on the card than Punk vs Taker.

Really?  Haven't you ever seen a WWE PPV before.  Very often they'll throw on a throw-away match right before the main event to "settle the crowd".  Instead of the 8-man tag we got the hall of fame class being introduced.

i really need to watch this. it's so different without the commentary.

and dead crowd can be blamed entirely on the open roof stadium. there were 80,000 people, and we were not quiet by any means.

did the randy savage chant make it on the air after punks elbow? i started that one and it sounded like it spread pretty well.

and one of my friends watching at home swears he saw us.

mania lived up to every assumption. but whatever. i've had an incredible weekend and experienced enough great wrestling to not get worked up about it.

i have complaints, but again, i need to rewatch.. and see how everythings handled on raw.

So to be completely honest. Today was amazing. I hung out with a shit ton of friends BBQing, and I went to Wrestlemania. I dont know how people could think it was quiet because it was really loud. Metlife is open like Ry said so that has to be the reason.

My thoughts:

Miz match - no care, knew he was going to regain it. 

Shield match - Cant believe they won AGAIN. I love it. Rollins flip entrance was sick. His botch was pretty funny but it was an awesome attempt. 

Hell no - Why are they still together? They look super strong right now too. Getting along and everything. I sense a break up coming next PPV.

Jeircho - I loved it. I love both of these dudes so I didnt think it was that bad of a match.

Ryback - No care. Didnt really watch or care about the match. Took a piss.

Swagger/ADR - It was alright. I wasnt really expecting too much.

Taker Punk - holy fuck. Easily the best match on the card. And I mean I hate to say it cause it makes me sound like Im just a Punk mark and biased, but it really was. It was amazing. I legit thought Punk was going to end the streak at a certain point. 

Brock - kinda slow and boring. Hence all the "boooooooring" chants. But I didnt mind it. It was fun. One of the better matches

Rock Cena - holy fucking lame. I cant believe Im saying that considering last year I wouldve liked to see that match. The rematch was just a dumb idea to me and proved to me it was. All those finishers counters were too much. It was just stupid at one point. Punk Taker had like 3-4 total. Rock Cena had 10 in 40 seconds it seemed. Just wondering when and how Rock will get his rematch. Point is fuck Cena. 

8 man tag - Im kinda mad I didnt see this. First of all I planned on taking a piss and getting some cookies or something. Also I wanted to see Sandow, Rhodes, and the Bella twins new fake tits. I wonder if I can get some sort of money back since it doesnt say card subject to change on the ticket.....

WWE really does have a character named after the Online Movie Ticket purchasing site Fandango?

And, is Brock Lesnar the only wrestler that has advertising on his shorts or are there more?  Is that a contract thing from his UFC days?

It was part of his deal when he re-signed with the WWE.  He's the first (and only) WWE wrestler to have advertising on his shorts.