VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

first show was a house show when i was about 5. i just remember pure elation when tatanka came out.

my first raw was the one i mentioned recently, where bubba ray put mae through a table off the top rope. i also attended this show with a sign that had a big ass drawing off the rock on one side, and a big block of head cheese on the other.

My first show was a house show in 96, I dont remember much but I remember seeing Adam Bomb and leaving the arena when Undertaker was doing his pose in the middle of the ring. 

First Raw was actually pretty recent. I think it was October 2011? I also dont remember anything memorable that happened. 

I'm attending both the Rumble in Pittsburgh and Raw in Cleveland the next day, and I am beyond jazzed. RR is my favorite WWE PPV and I've never seen one live before, so hopefully this one's good!

My predictions:

1. New Age Outlaws over the Brotherhood — this one I'm not positive on, only because rarely do pre-show matches actually push storylines forward (like the Brotherhood starting to splinter). But I think their reign has gone on long enough and they've pretty much beat everyone else, so might as well lose to the Outlaws to at least allow some fresh matchups in the division on paper (no matter how dreadful they might be in reality). Plus it more than likely guarantees them a spot on Mania, which allows for 1)recognizable part-timers to increase interest from older fans and 2)a heel-to-face title change at their biggest event of the year, which is always good for business.

2. Lesnar over Show — this is the biggest no-brainer of the night. Lesnar wins, goes onto face Cena at Elimination Chamber, gets his win back from Extreme Rules 2012 *and* the title, then goes onto WrestleMania to face Batista.

3. Wyatt over Bryan, clean — Bray has to win here, he hasn't won a singles match of any significance since SummerSlam. How can a monster heel be a monster heel without actually beating anyone?

4. Cena over Orton — he wins here, drops to Bork next month, ends up fighting, I dunno, the Undertaker at Mania?

5. Batista wins the Rumble — sometimes WWE builds up hype for a returning guy then jerks the storyline left to throw all the smarks off the scent. This will not be one of those times. Batista/Lesnar is headlining WMXXX, mark it.

I'm attending both the Rumble in Pittsburgh and Raw in Cleveland the next day, and I am beyond jazzed. RR is my favorite WWE PPV and I've never seen one live before, so hopefully this one's good!

My predictions:

1. New Age Outlaws over the Brotherhood — this one I'm not positive on, only because rarely do pre-show matches actually push storylines forward (like the Brotherhood starting to splinter). But I think their reign has gone on long enough and they've pretty much beat everyone else, so might as well lose to the Outlaws to at least allow some fresh matchups in the division on paper (no matter how dreadful they might be in reality). Plus it more than likely guarantees them a spot on Mania, which allows for 1)recognizable part-timers to increase interest from older fans and 2)a heel-to-face title change at their biggest event of the year, which is always good for business.

2. Lesnar over Show — this is the biggest no-brainer of the night. Lesnar wins, goes onto face Cena at Elimination Chamber, gets his win back from Extreme Rules 2012 *and* the title, then goes onto WrestleMania to face Batista.

3. Wyatt over Bryan, clean — Bray has to win here, he hasn't won a singles match of any significance since SummerSlam. How can a monster heel be a monster heel without actually beating anyone?

4. Cena over Orton — he wins here, drops to Bork next month, ends up fighting, I dunno, the Undertaker at Mania?

5. Batista wins the Rumble — sometimes WWE builds up hype for a returning guy then jerks the storyline left to throw all the smarks off the scent. This will not be one of those times. Batista/Lesnar is headlining WMXXX, mark it.

Look for the dude dressed up in 121 as Al Snow (with the Head) thatll be me!

I will go with New Age Outlaws since they are using them to help the tag division. Lesnar over Show which has is a no brainer. I am going with Bryan only because he is soo over, which is why they changed the story line so quick. Orton over Cena by cheating because Batista wins the rumble which leads to Orton vs Batista at Mania.

My predictions:

Pretty much agree with this even though it's weird that they want Batista vs Lesnar... I mean I know they are big names but I find it hard to believe that's the thing they want most and what they think will give the biggest draw

I am picking:

New Age Outlaws over The Brotherhood.

Brock over Big Show

Orton over Cena.

Bray Wyatt over Daniel Bryan, maybe due a new member of the Wyatt's debuting.

Daniel Bryan then to enter the Rumble at #30 and win. Then we get Orton vs Bryan at Wrestlemania. I know the rumor is Sheamus vs Bryan but I will just guess with this.

If it "has" to be Brock/Batista for the title at Mania I would much rather see Brock enter the Rumble as a surprise, then have him win it.  Then have Batista win the title at EC.  You'd probably get a much bigger pop from Lesnar winning the Rumble than Batista.

I am excited to see Batista botch tonight, because we all know he will.

Re-posting for visibility and because I forgot my numbers.

1 - elgato48

2 - enjoyadrian

3 - brock309

4 - ifworkpermits

5 - ScottHeisel

6 - danaisalright

7 - ThisScreamsNicky

8 - crime

9 - sirrichardrichard

10 - Gatz

11 - jhook

12 - C-Dub