VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i feel the same way about Batista as i did about the Rock last year. i hate that Punk jobbed to the Rock and that Reigns was ousted by Batista. Those guys were fine 5-10 years ago, but now, they can't even wrestle a full match. Batista was gassed in a Battle Royale, probably one of the easiest matches a guy can be put in. Yet, he gets the big win after one week back, big money, and probably a title reign at some point, too. Talk about a slap in the face to the guys who work the house shows with the naive dream of making it. It's fine for Brock Lesnar because he can still go like he could in the early 2000s, but Batista and Rock can't. Of course, what should i expect when the company handed two part-timers the tag team titles earlier in the show.

I don't know if it was worth $55, but I still had fun. I had a couple of friends come over and one of them used to be big into wrestling (doesn't watch it anymore) and he was pointing out some interesting facts. One was how Batistia certainly didn't know how to react when people were booing him, how he thought it was funny that people were booing the winner or the RR, which is one of the biggest PPV that WWE has, and how the crowd was chanting for a wrestler who wasn't even in the Rumble who the company isn't pushing at all

who were they calling for? the only way I could've watched is through some crap europe online 8 bit quality stream

My seats for Raw tonight should be good enough to get any signs on TV. Ideas? Lemme hear em, otherwise I'm going with "SABLE 4:69."

"Batista can't get over"

"Batista/Orton-A Main Event 10 Years Too Late"

"Wrestlemania XXX: Who Booked this Crap?"

I'm going to stay optimistic about last night.

I though for SURE (especially after he lost) that Bryan was going to hobble down to the ring, against all odds of course, and win the rumble.

then he didn't come out at all.

But they specifically positioned Roman Reigns to get a face push last night...so they had to have expected people to boo Batista, right?

What if Bryan started a feud with Batista because of the whole workhorse versus part timer argument. Bryan wins the belt at the Chamber and faces Batista at Mania?

Are they really just going to stick to Orton versus Batista for the main event of the 30th anniversary of the biggest wrestling show of all time? I genuinely believe that whoever is making decisions like that know that it's 10 years too late for that match on that stage.

There's been a lot of talk on the ol' internet this morning about boycotts and shit (it'll never happen or make a difference) but i'm actually pretty stoked to watch Raw tonight to see what happens.

I'm going to stay optimistic about last night.

I though for SURE (especially after he lost) that Bryan was going to hobble down to the ring, against all odds of course, and win the rumble.

then he didn't come out at all.

But they specifically positioned Roman Reigns to get a face push last night...so they had to have expected people to boo Batista, right?

What if Bryan started a feud with Batista because of the whole workhorse versus part timer argument. Bryan wins the belt at the Chamber and faces Batista at Mania?

Are they really just going to stick to Orton versus Batista for the main event of the 30th anniversary of the biggest wrestling show of all time? I genuinely believe that whoever is making decisions like that know that it's 10 years too late for that match on that stage.

There's been a lot of talk on the ol' internet this morning about boycotts and shit (it'll never happen or make a difference) but i'm actually pretty stoked to watch Raw tonight to see what happens.

Lesnar needs to have a title match at EC.  They've already set that one up.

Lesnar needs to have a title match at EC.  They've already set that one up.

ya, they've done the chamber ppv a few different ways since I started re-watching.

1: 2 chamber matches, each for a championship

2: 2 chamber matches, one for a championship, the other for a shot at the championship (2011: Lawler versus Miz was a singles match for the title)

With one belt, i'm curious as to how they're going to play it out. I would have assumed Lesnar was getting his own 1v1 title shot at the chamber, but who knows. Heyman could just come down and say that because Lesnar is the number one contender, he's the first announced entrant in the elimination chamber match for the title.

again, pumped to watch raw tonight.

who were they calling for? the only way I could've watched is through some crap europe online 8 bit quality stream

They were calling for Bryan

Who do you guys think are winning the tag belts tonight, clearly the New Age Outlaws are going to be short term champs.

Either the Brotherhood regains or I'd really like to see the Real Americans on a title run

I think the Usos will get the belt next as well. Maybe not tonight but soon. They aren't bad in the ring but they are just so flavorless and samey that the announcers usually can't even tell who is in the ring.

The thing that bothers me about Batista headlining Wrestlemania is that even if they do give Bryan a shot at the main event, he's going to have to pull a good match out of Batista which I don't see happening. Batista winning was a death knell for that match. I'd rather see Bryan wrestle a show-stealing midcard match at Mania even if it's not for the title than to have to deal with Batista.

Speaking of Bryan, the match last night was incredible. I'm glad to see Wyatt finally step up to the plate in the ring.

buddy of mine brought up an interesting point (not sure if he read it somewhere or thought of it himself)

what if when they signed Batista's contract, one of the stipulations was that he wins the rumble? This obviously would have been done months ago and could have no way accounted for the popularity of Bryan at this particular time.

no proof at all. just a thought.