VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Damn, I knew we should have had money go to the guy with the most eliminations, lol.  I kept thinking "maybe, just maybe they have Roman Reigns go for the title at Wrestlemania" but it turned out to not be in the cards.

Congrats to TheWindBlower, I shall gift the prize money over to you in a second!

Thank you, my friend!

The money has been sent, thanks again to all who participated.  Even though 14 of us didn't win, I thought it made it much more interesting.  I shall try to organize it again next year if you all want me to or someone else can try their hand at it.

Thanks again and fuck Batista!

I drew Kane and Alberto Del Rio. Only one number off from winning the Rumble pool two years straight! Dang.

PPV was fun in person except for the Cena/Orton match and the Rumble match once Mysterio entered. I hope the boos and negative chants were as loud on TV as they were in the arena.

Never watching wrestling again, until tomorrow night.

Until this changes, they will continue to push personal agendas with little regard for your opinion.

They really believe he is a draw. Which is quite sad.

Based off of Nielson rating information from Monday, Batista is a draw as 5.25 million people tuned in at 8pm to see him return. The problem isn't that Batista isn't a draw, he is and his size and demeanor will attract the casual fan who believes that is what makes a legitimate pro wrestler. The problem is that they aren't making Bryan, like they made Batista in 2005-2006. The reason he popped 5.25 million people last Monday wasn't because he is inherently better or more appealing than Bryan, it's because the WWE got behind Batista and made him a draw, a luxury Bryan has never been afforded.

lol that doesn't surprise me at all.  He let's the fans get under his skin so easily.  He used to yell at fans all the time.  There's a good youtube video of a fan yelling "I hate you Batista" (or something along those lines) and in the middle of a match he turns around and yells "I hate you too"

I don't know if it was worth $55, but I still had fun. I had a couple of friends come over and one of them used to be big into wrestling (doesn't watch it anymore) and he was pointing out some interesting facts. One was how Batistia certainly didn't know how to react when people were booing him, how he thought it was funny that people were booing the winner or the RR, which is one of the biggest PPV that WWE has, and how the crowd was chanting for a wrestler who wasn't even in the Rumble who the company isn't pushing at all