VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The best parts of last night were Heyman's trolling/promo and the Shield/Wyatts. Everything else was pretty standard Raw fare. Still not buying into WMXXX, but i'm sure i'll still watch it.

I don't quite get where the tag team division is headed...  

They've put the belts on the Usos, and I'm guessing the NAO wont be around for long.  Then they seem to be intent on breaking up nearly every other team in the tag division (Shield, Prime Time Players, and looks like Real Americans are next).    

Who will be left for the Usos to feud with?   Harper/Rowan is all I can think of.

I don't quite get where the tag team division is headed...  

They've put the belts on the Usos, and I'm guessing the NAO wont be around for long.  Then they seem to be intent on breaking up nearly every other team in the tag division (Shield, Prime Time Players, and looks like Real Americans are next).    

Who will be left for the Usos to feud with?   Harper/Rowan is all I can think of.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ambrose and Rollins team together once Reigns kicks off as a single. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sami Zayn on main roster soon, and it makes sense to me that they would pair him with someone right off the bat. The Rhodes brothers are still around too. This is all supposition, obviously, but I don't think the division is in much peril. To be honest it's been pretty over saturated for the last year.

people keep making such a big deal out of the rhodes... if they had a match hastily slapped together, would it really be all that much more special than, oh i don't know, their tag championship run?

i just can't get behind the hype for one when we already had the other.

people keep making such a big deal out of the rhodes... if they had a match hastily slapped together, would it really be all that much more special than, oh i don't know, their tag championship run?

i just can't get behind the hype for one when we already had the other.

I dont think their match would be all that slapped together. I'd assume since they are brothers they have wrestled each other 1000s of times (maybe not in a promotion but in the ring in the back yard), they probably have been working on it for a few years as they have been talking about it for that long, and will already have great chemistry. A match between Ryder and Khali, now that is a slapped together match at the last minute, but not between two brothers that have been talking about it for years

i say slapped together because the show is in a month, and there's been zero build up. not even a sighting of them on raw this week.

you're going to need at least 3 matches of trouble a'brewin' before an actual break up. then the promo segments to follow. 

i suppose that you could squeeze it all in between raw and smackdown, but do we really need to see another tag team break up?

See I thought they were going to use the rumble elimination to kick-start the feud,   but they haven't had a great deal of TV time recently,  so I guess it aint gonna happen now that we're this close to WM.

I think its a bit of a shame that the Real Americans look to be breaking up... they could have had a nice little feud with the Usos first.    Then again, Cesaro/Swagger is a pretty tasty sounding match too.  

The wife has been out of town all weekend as she had to go back to Illinois for a baby shower, so I've had the WWE Network on nearly 24/7 in her absence. I've stayed up till 3am the past two nights watching PPVs, and I was bummed that I'd have to go back to my regular sleep pattern tonight once she got home. Then she called and said her car broke down in Indiana and she's in a hotel overnight. More late-night PPVs for me!

This weekend I watched:

Royal Rumble 1994

SummerSlam 1998

WrestleMania X7

WrestleMania 25

ECW Heatwave 1999

ECW One Night Stand 2006

ECW December To Dismember 2006 (for the sheer lulz factor)

Looking for a good WCW PPV to cap off the weekend; any recommendations/personal favorites?

Looking for a good WCW PPV to cap off the weekend; any recommendations/personal favorites?

I recently watched Bash at the Beach 97. It has a great early Chris Jericho match, a six-man luchador tag team match, and many big name stars in the later bouts (Scott Hall, Savage, DDP, Hollywood Hogan, Luger, Flair, Piper, and the in-ring debut of Dennis Rodman).

I was surprised that Rodman could actually do a little in-ring work. Overall, the match is pretty slow though.

Great pay-per-view, in my opinion.