VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The Cheap Heat Podcast spoke about race in the WWE this week - I'm only 1/3 of the way through it, but it's interesting that they finally decided to do something with Woods.

This article lead to the discussion.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/07/the-not-so-fictional-bias-in-the-wwe-world-championship/374042/

I also feel that this will be less of a Nation of Domination, and more of a "meta", we need to do something about our status while being given permission to do something about their status.

fuck that article. that asshole writer decided that the rock isn't black for the sake of making a point. 

everything else is legit, but it's completely sullied by one enormous omission.

Those were the loosest handcuffs I've ever seen. I wish the cops would've given me that courtesy lol

fuck that article. that asshole writer decided that the rock isn't black for the sake of making a point.

everything else is legit, but it's completely sullied by one enormous omission.

I fully agree. Ruined his credibility with that one move.

The issue with Bray isnt he keeps losing it is his promos dont connect to each other at all. He just comes out, says some creepy thing and then the next week he says something creepy that in no way relates to his previous promos or methods. Dude has no continuity at all. You cant talk about how your message is spreading and people are scared when in fact your message is not spreading and no one seems to be terrified. He hasnt been able to string together meaningful promos since the Bryan feud.

Not to defend, but he explains a little more why he chose to omit it in the podcast. Mainly because his onscreen narrative played more into the Samoan side of his family and he wasn't explicitly celebrated as the WWF's first African-American/Canadian champion.

It will be interesting to see what happens as the stable, as of now, is made up of faces. It could actually be a really positive thing, if they do it right and don't turn it into a Nation rehash.

Just to be clear, African Canadian = African American = Black

I can't remember off the top of my head, but either his father or his grandfather was celebrated as the first black " ___ " champion.

His father was the first black WWE Tag Champ with Tony Atlas

thank you sir.

my roommate and i had about an hour long discussion about raw last night- just sharing our thoughts on every last thing that happened, and it was just such a damn good time. aside from his relentless hiccups, it probably could have made for a solid podcast.

Cesaro with Heyman could have been gold. I fell it was a waste and look forward to Ceasaro's eventual face run.

They really killed Cesaro. Remember when he won the Andre Memorial and the next night dumped Zeb? Huge pops for the man. He really fell hard working with Heyman. Of course, when Heyman comes out and puts over Lesnar while Cesaro is standing right next to him, i'm not sure how WWE was expecting that to elevate Cesaro.

i'm just upset that the narrative of those two was never "this guy cesaro is MY CLIENT. haven't you people learned by now what MY CLIENTS are capable of? 434 days. the 1 in 21 and 1."

it had so much potential for another classic heyman "i told you so" moment with cesaro holding some hardware.