VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I liked the one of his wrists taped up with the X's on them, but I mostly just thought it was a cool sXe shirt and not necessarily a CM Punk shirt. Id be embarrassed to be seen wearing that Swagger shirt or that Christian one of him pulling down the giant switch.

I'd never wear that Swagger shirt, but I think it's hilarious. It looks so poorly done, but it's so great.

The saddest part of that Jack Swagger shirt is the fact that someone had to approve it. Who in their right mind would look at that and think "that looks good, let's go with that"

Unfortunately the average wrestling fan is pretty simple. That's their target audience. Plenty of 'merica lovin booger eaters are gonna buy that shirt.

Yeah, they just reintroduced it maybe a month ago. They had a fan poll to decide it; even though many wrestlers spoke out against it, 6 sides won.

Alright people, predictions for tonight?

I am going with:

Cameron vs Naomi: Meh, guess I will say Naomi.

Ambrose vs Rollins: Rollins but it won't be clean.  It keeps his momentum going but doesn't take Ambrose down too much.

Wyatt vs Jericho: Bray for the win.  Jericho doesn't really seem to come back to win any more, just put people over.

Swagger vs Rusev:  I want Swagger to win but I figure Rusev keeps his streak alive.

AJ vs Paige: AJ with the win.

IC Battle Royal: I bo-lieve that Bo will get the title.

Usos vs Wyatts: I have to think the Wyatts will finally get the titles now.  If not, the Usos really need to move on to new contenders for the belts.  I am still picking the Wyatts though.

Fatal 4-Way: I am picking Cena.  I like Reigns a lot but think it would be too much title-changing in the past few months.  Worst case scenario to me is another Randy Orton title reign.

Edit: Adam Rose vs Fandango: Going with Adam Rose, because why not?

Edited by knifeparty

no question that cena wins.

but here's my fantasy booking-

you know all this "leaked" cena/lesnar summerslam stuff? and how paul heyman's got a plan c?

this is all just the wwe finally taking advantage of the internet's power, planting all this stuff so we let our guards down. because here comes cm punk to blow everyone's minds.

you know all this "leaked" cena/lesnar summerslam stuff? and how paul heyman's got a plan c?

this is all just the wwe finally taking advantage of the internet's power, planting all this stuff so we let our guards down. because here comes cm punk to blow everyone's minds.

I would love if that happened.  The timing of moving Punk to the Alumni section of their site would have been perfect too then.  I am not getting my hopes up though.

exactly. all the pieces are in place for it to contend with taker's streak to be the most shocking moment of the year.

we all know how much they're struggling financially. and punk finally seemed to come out of hiding in the social media sense, actually acknowledging that he's no longer with the company. just imagine if it was all an over-the-top ruse to get network and summerslam buys.

but lol jk cena beats lesnar at summerslam

Why would you do this to me! But my predictions are:

Naomi

Cena

Bo Dallas (I would love ZIggler to win here but we all know that won't happen)

Bray

AJ

The Wyatt Family

Rollins

Rusev

Alright people, predictions for tonight?

I am going with:

Cameron vs Naomi: Meh, guess I will say Naomi.

Ambrose vs Rollins: Rollins but it won't be clean.  It keeps his momentum going but doesn't take Ambrose down too much.

Wyatt vs Jericho: Bray for the win.  Jericho doesn't really seem to come back to win any more, just put people over.

Swagger vs Rusev:  I want Swagger to win but I figure Rusev keeps his streak alive.

AJ vs Paige: AJ with the win.

IC Battle Royal: I bo-lieve that Bo will get the title.

Usos vs Wyatts: I have to think the Wyatts will finally get the titles now.  If not, the Usos really need to move on to new contenders for the belts.  I am still picking the Wyatts though.

Fatal 4-Way: I am picking Cena.  I like Reigns a lot but think it would be too much title-changing in the past few months.  Worst case scenario to me is another Randy Orton title reign.

Cameron vs.Naomi - Ass wins. I mean Naomi.

Ambrose vs. Rollins - Ambrose by DQ. Rollins will either walk out after being manhandled or he will use the briefcase in the match.

Wyatt vs. Jericho - Jericho via Wyatts own frustration. This will lead to some crazy meltdown from Bray causing him to pull out an insanely entertiaining match at SummerSlam against Jericho where the walls will fall.

Swagger vs. Rusev - Swagger will win due to Lana's interference causing a DQ. I'm going all DQs this PPV for some reason. This will set up for some non-DQ-esque match at SS.

AJ vs Pagie - We win here because of these two beauties. Hopefully the WWE just lets them do their own thing here. AJ Lee retains cleanly, Paige goes Alicia Fox on us all and we get a Divas cage match at SS! (one can dream)

Battle Royal - Great Khali. I don't even need to defend this answer... it seems so obvious... It comes down to Ziggler, Cesaro and Bo. Cesaro and Ziggler eliminate themselves leading to BO winning. Cesaro goes ape-shit and turns full heel. Ziggler makes out with two chicks and Bo runs around. We all win.

Usos vs. Wyatts - Usos retain here. Wyatts need to help Bray at SS. The Ascension will come up and face the Usos at SS and will win the titles.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion- CM PUNK. Thats my answer to everything really. Cena wins here. Cena will be down and out with all hopes lost while Regins is about to win. Right as he goes to pin the devils favorite Orton, Triple H comes in, provides a distraction with a hint to Plan C (no reveal just yet) and Reigns loses focus. This shows hes not ready to be a title holder yet and in comes Cena for the win. Then we get Cean vs Lesnar at SS and Reigns vs Triple H at SS as well.

Also, just note.

Hot Topic has a WWE SummerSlam shirt featured for this year. On it is (from left to right) Daniel Bryan, the Wyatts, John Cena, Roman Reigns, The Usos, and Rollins (or Ambrose.. I can't remember). I know they print these ahead of time so maybe they weren't ready for Daniel Bryans injury to last this long, but just throwing it out there.

Also, HT usually carries authentic shirts when it matters most (I.E. big push). They just got the Cesaro "King of Swing" shirt in and John Cena's neon green shirt.

Nice, but you are gonna miss watching WWE Battlefield PPV though. ;). That sounds like it could be a pretty good show though so enjoy!

I will miss the PPV, but not because of this event.  The rad thing about Smash is they hold their events in the afternoons on the same day as WWE PPVs.  Then they screen the PPV after their event.  I haven't been to one, but I heard it's pretty rad cause the wrestlers come out and watch the PPV with you.  Unfortunatelty I've got a ball game tonight so I'll miss Battleground.  Which is balls cause I really want to see the Rollins/Ambrose match.