VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah, i think that the (rumored) Punk/Jericho feud has the potential to be incredible, both in the ring and for the entertainment factor. i'm excited for that, but his return was just really weird. A lot of people seem to think it was the real-life equivalent of trolling, so we'll see where it goes from here.

I'd much rather see Punk/Ziggler than Punk/Jericho. But that's just me. I'd rather see two guys in their prime.

Yeah, i think that the (rumored) Punk/Jericho feud has the potential to be incredible, both in the ring and for the entertainment factor. i'm excited for that, but his return was just really weird. A lot of people seem to think it was the real-life equivalent of trolling, so we'll see where it goes from here.

I'd much rather see Punk/Ziggler than Punk/Jericho. But that's just me. I'd rather see two guys in their prime.

I thought they'd let Punk/Ziggler build to WM, but that's obviously happening at Royal Rumble instead. I predict Jericho will win the Rumble then go on to challenge Punk for the title at WM.

Brodus Clay better become the champion in his first match the way they keep stalling on debuting him. shit is getting old fast. I think Jericho turning heel that way was just a way to stroke his ego. "Look at me, I can turn heel without saying a word". Granted it is tough to have hiim return as a heel, as they know that everyone will cheer the shit out of him, but they could have done it better. I wasnt thrilled that he was behind the promos, but I was pretty excited when he did return, it didnt work well on tv though.

I thought they'd let Punk/Ziggler build to WM, but that's obviously happening at Royal Rumble instead. I predict Jericho will win the Rumble then go on to challenge Punk for the title at WM.

Another reason why I hate Jericho coming back (if that does in fact happen). The past couple of months they have been building towards having Barrett or Shamous winning the Rumble.

I hate that the WWE puts it's young(er) talent aside to give these dinosaurs shots just because it puts money in their pocket.

Vince always has bandaid solutions to his problems. Their PPV buy rate is down huge from last year and it seems like he's just trying to get as many old guys back as possible so he can turn that around.

When he should be working towards putting together more solid/entertaining cards. Stop watering down your product. I'd be much more willing to dish out $60 for a PPV if there wasn't one every month.

I'm just happy that ROH seems to be getting better each week while WWE seems to be getting worse.

jesus christ you guys are acting like jericho is on triple h's level and cant get through a match without 9 rest holds.

this isnt some "solution" from vince, this is simply chris coming back from a hiatus.

fuck, crime, everything youve said in this thread has pissed me off. i appreciate that you like wrestling beyond the "JOHN CENA!!" that raw throws at you every week, but i dont know if i could disagree with you more.

also,

[image]

Most imporant is where did you find that gif Ry? I was looking for one earlier of that jacket, good god is it awesome. Did you see the video wwe posted of him being "interviewed" after raw? He just keeps walking and smiling, not answering at all, then stops, turns the jacket on, smiles more and laughs and walks out a door.

brilliant. got the gif from withleather.com, from best/worst of raw last night. brandon broke down some pretty good theories on what actually happened in those 7 minutes of nonsense.

jesus christ you guys are acting like jericho is on triple h's level and cant get through a match without 9 rest holds.

this isnt some "solution" from vince, this is simply chris coming back from a hiatus.

fuck, crime, everything youve said in this thread has pissed me off. i appreciate that you like wrestling beyond the "JOHN CENA!!" that raw throws at you every week, but i dont know if i could disagree with you more.

You don't know what level Jericho is on. You (and the rest of the world) haven't seen him in a ring in over a year. The guy is fucking 41, give it a rest already. All what he's going to do is take away screen time from guys like Ryder, Brian, Barrett, Shamous, Ziggler, Clay, etc etc etc.

I would much rather watch the young guys wrestle then watch a guy in his 40s.

This coming along with news that Vince is very close to bringing back RVD.

It's fact that the WWE's viewership is down and Vince is trying to bring back his big money players (re: The Rock, Jericho, there was even word that he's trying to get SCSA back). If you had been paying attention to this Vince and Y2Gay have been in negotiations for a couple months to get him back in the the WWE.

The WWE has gotten stale. Plain and simple. Bringing back their old money maker guys is not making it any more fresh. If anything it's just making it worse.

The best moment of Raw all year was Punk, Ryder and Brian in the ring as champions. I thought that it was finally the WWE showing that they're taking a step in the right direction. But now all signs point towards putting their two heavyweight championship belts back on dinosaurs. Fuck even TNA is trying to take a step in the right direction by taking writing powers away from the dinosaurs.

There's a reason why promotions like ROH are getting more popular each month. They put an exciting fresh product out for you. Not the same old shit time and time again.

I sat through how many years of having to hear RAW IS JERICHO every damn week. It got old and boring back then and it's not going to change 10 years after it started.

So you can sit there and suck Jerhico's dick, but in reality you might as well be cheering for Cena; because at the end of the day they're the same damn thing. A poster boy for Vince who's going to put asses in seats and increase his PPV buys.

If I'm not mistaken you're the same person who thought it was a great idea to give Henry the title. If this is the case it shows your thoughts on the progression of the industry. I guess watching a match that consists of more than 3 or 4 moves confuses you.

im too stoned for this right now.

"dinosaurs" is a pretty short-sighted way of approaching someone like jericho. rvd? probably. but you cant act like this is the first time in wrestling history that a few guys are hanging around passed their prime.

as long as this doesnt turn into #y2bringit whats the problem? im sure hell have lost a step in the ring, but i can guarantee his promo skills havent faded a touch. last night for example.

and quit fucking crying about your favorite wrestlers not being on tv as much. remember that part when you talked about ryder and brian holding titles?

Saying Jericho is washed up is such a stretch. He left so he could focus on Fozzy for a year. He always planned on coming back. Vince let him do it after all Jericho has done for him. He never held them up for more money, he never got injured, he never took extended breaks while under contract. He always waited til the deal was over and said he wanted to take a break and would come back.

Also, you make it sound like Jericho was on the same skill level as Hogan is when he left last year. Jericho was still putting on great matches, why would he all of a sudden be terrible with just a year off?

As far as your ROH being better, I too am a huge fan of ROH, but everyone has been saying that the current roster is pretty shit. Final Battle paled in comparison to previous ones. Richards is terrible as a champ, has no personality. Take the Steen angle out of ROH right now and you got NOTHING to hang on that promotion right now.

Saying Jericho is washed up is such a stretch. He left so he could focus on Fozzy for a year. He always planned on coming back. Vince let him do it after all Jericho has done for him. He never held them up for more money, he never got injured, he never took extended breaks while under contract. He always waited til the deal was over and said he wanted to take a break and would come back.

Also, you make it sound like Jericho was on the same skill level as Hogan is when he left last year. Jericho was still putting on great matches, why would he all of a sudden be terrible with just a year off?

"dinosaurs" is a pretty short-sighted way of approaching someone like jericho. rvd? probably. but you cant act like this is the first time in wrestling history that a few guys are hanging around passed their prime.

It's not and I'm sure it won't be the last. But guys who have had their time in the limelight need to step aside and let the young guys have their time. There is so much yuong talent in the WWE that is just getting left by the wayside because of these older guys sticking around.

Perect example is Punk. Younger talent with huge upside. Could have amazing feuds with someone like Ziggler. That could eaily be built up to be an ongoing feud like Bret and Shawn. But instead from now until SummerSlam you've got Punks two main feuds going to be Johnny Ace and Y2J.

The whole wrestler/suit angel has been done to death in the WWE and we really do not need to revisit it. Then Jericho has had his time in the sun. Let someone else step in.

We're obviously not going to agree on this. So it's like beating a dead horse. But I just don't see how you can advance an industry/business by bringing back the old guys.

It's a shame that the WWE has a strangle hold on professional wrestling and has no competition because they can put out this shit product that they do and we have no real alternatives.

It's even gotten to the point where I struggle through TNA Impact each week. Which is sad because they have some great talent there that get wasted on horrible writting.

I also agree with the comments on ROH, but I find they have a lot of upside/potential. Which is why I hold them in high regard.

Does anyone here watch TNA? i try to watch every Thursday, but i just can't get into it. Nothing really grabs my attention. Some of my favorites are there, such as RVD, Angle, and Flair, but, man, it is just terrible in my opinion.

EDIT: Didn't see Crime's comment when i posted. i agree with you, though, the talent is there, but it is missing something to really grab me and pull me in. Even though WWE is lacking these days, something pulls me back every week and keeps me watching/ reading about it.

Jericho has never been shy about putting people over. Punk going over Jericho will help his career greatly in the eyes of people who dont think he is that great (like Cole). that is the difference between someone like Y2J and RVD. It is still considered a big thing to win a feud with Jericho, but everyone knows that RVD is a shadow of who he was and winning a feud with him means nothing.

Does anyone here watch TNA? i try to watch every Thursday, but i just can't get into it. Nothing really grabs my attention. Some of my favorites are there, such as RVD, Angle, and Flair, but, man, it is just terrible in my opinion.

EDIT: Didn't see Crime's comment when i posted. i agree with you, though, the talent is there, but it is missing something to really grab me and pull me in. Even though WWE is lacking these days, something pulls me back every week and keeps me watching/ reading about it.

back when tna decided it was going to make a push at the monday night wars, we started tuning in.

and i was excited, because before that, my only tna experience was the time i saw Lockout live. (ho-ly. shit. one of the best events, wrestling or not, ive ever been to).

but then after maybe 3 weeks, i really couldnt take it.. they were just making all of wcw's mistakes all over again.

it just left way too sour a taste in my mouth to even consider trying to follow again

It's not and I'm sure it won't be the last. But guys who have had their time in the limelight need to step aside and let the young guys have their time. There is so much yuong talent in the WWE that is just getting left by the wayside because of these older guys sticking around.

Perect example is Punk. Younger talent with huge upside. Could have amazing feuds with someone like Ziggler. That could eaily be built up to be an ongoing feud like Bret and Shawn. But instead from now until SummerSlam you've got Punks two main feuds going to be Johnny Ace and Y2J.

The whole wrestler/suit angel has been done to death in the WWE and we really do not need to revisit it. Then Jericho has had his time in the sun. Let someone else step in.

We're obviously not going to agree on this. So it's like beating a dead horse. But I just don't see how you can advance an industry/business by bringing back the old guys.

It's a shame that the WWE has a strangle hold on professional wrestling and has no competition because they can put out this shit product that they do and we have no real alternatives.

It's even gotten to the point where I struggle through TNA Impact each week. Which is sad because they have some great talent there that get wasted on horrible writting.

I also agree with the comments on ROH, but I find they have a lot of upside/potential. Which is why I hold them in high regard.

Old doesn't always mean washed up or bad. Should your favorite band stop making records once they hit their 30s because there are younger bands coming up?

I watched TNA last week and it wasn't horrible. They had a couple good matches. I might actually go as far as saying the show was entertaining. The ahdnful of former ROH guys they have looked good. Boody Roode's character (while I bit overplayed for professional wrestling) worked.

The one thing that I was most impressed with was that they had a woman's match as the main event, and the women actually wrestled. It wasn't any of this WWE Diva's 3 minute match finishing with a roll up for the win. The two girls faught a real wrestling match. I meant to watch this weeks but I forgot. I'll definately give it another chance.

Old doesn't always mean washed up or bad. Should your favorite band stop making records once they hit their 30s because there are younger bands coming up?

My favorite band doesn't have to go on stage and perform physically like they had to 10 or 20 years ago. It's physical business and like with any sport as you get older you lose a step and some of your talent. Older guys move slower than they used to and just aren't as exciting to watch.

Perfect example of this is RVD. Just saw him last week on TNA and he looked like a shell of his former self. It was actually boarderline depressing.

Brodus Clay's re-debut was mind-blowing and totally unexpected. When they announced he was from Planet Funk, i thought it was going to be some sort of joke by Johnny (Funkmaster) Laurinaitis. Glad we finally got to see him wrestle.

The rest of the show was alright. i wish Bryan/Kofi had a bit more time. The Swagger/Punk match was really good; i've always liked Jack Swagger, and i'm glad he was able to wrestle a decent-length match.

Also, i am intrigued/annoyed with this Jericho stuff. On the one hand, i understand what they are trying to do (i think so, anyways). On the other hand, i want him to be the funny, cocky heel we all loved. Either way, i am interested to see what happens next.