VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I would be fine with Rollins but without someone to direct it it would be trainwreck.

Oh yeah, definitely.

Orton will interfere with rollings/bryan match costing rollings setting up Orton/Rollins for Fastlane & WM?

Bryan will lose fastlane and go on to face Ziggy at WM.

Just a prediction.

Forgot about Orton, he'll obviously face Rollins at Mania. Bryan losing and then facing Ziggler is the next best thing that could happen to both, but I don't see it happening without Ziggler costing Bryan the spot or turning heel somewhere down the line. Meh, would still mark out.

Anybody else missing Elimination Chamber? They should have just canned the February PPV and built for Mania if they aren't going to use the Chamber anymore. In my mind, this year they would have easily had 6 contenders with legitimate claims to the title (Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan, Cena, Reigns, and Orton), but i get why they don't want to run a risky gimmick match so close to Mania. i do hope they bring back the Chamber match every now and again when the storyline calls for it.

I figure maybe too many people get hurt so they got rid of it. Roman vs Daniel makes no sense since no matter what Roman comes out looking bad. If he wins the crowd will hate him for beating Daniel and if he loses he will lose the momentum he was gaining. The only way out is to have someone interfere and costing the other one the match which in turns sets up a match at Mania. Someone like either Rollins or Sheamus. I can see them having Rollins interfering and costing Roman the match which sets up their match at Mania or have Sheamus come back and cost Daniel the match which sets up a feud. Then you have Rollins cash in the next night on Raw.

I kind of hate that last nights show was so strong. "We're losing them.. Quick, hit them with the guys they want winning great matches. That'll shut em up for a while!"

But seriously.. Cesaro won clean. Ziggler and Wyatt was fantastic. Mizdows heroics continued. And Daniel Bryan won an expectedly aw some match against Rollins to fool us into thinking he might have a chance.

Saw a tweet during the show that this company has never looked so directionless, but by the end of the show, I had to wonder if maybe.. Just maybe they realized how badly they need to get their shit together.

There is almost 0 chance that Bryan beats Reigns for a clear path to mania. But it comes down go the writing at that point. Tell me an engaging story where roman comes out on top, and it won't be nearly as hard to swallow. Because this whole "roman wins because we said so" thing is what the real problem is. And they seem to keep forcing it in spite of their fans, to the point where I almost have to believe it's a work.

Triple H talked about that last night on the podcast. He said they start off with a plan and things change due to injury and how people react on social media and the shows. It's got to be tough to run a show like this with everyone being smart enough since we have the Internet and we know more about the behind the scenes. I still think Roman is too green for a solo main event match at wrestlemania especially against Brock. Neither guy is good at directing a match. They don't get that side of the business and I don't feel they would know what to do based on how the crowd reacts. Plus Roman has had one big match and it was with Orton who carried him. I would be fine with him fighting Brock but really it only works with a triple threat or a quick match.

Triple H talked about that last night on the podcast. He said they start off with a plan and things change due to injury and how people react on social media and the shows. It's got to be tough to run a show like this with everyone being smart enough since we have the Internet and we know more about the behind the scenes. I still think Roman is too green for a solo main event match at wrestlemania especially against Brock. Neither guy is good at directing a match. They don't get that side of the business and I don't feel they would know what to do based on how the crowd reacts. Plus Roman has had one big match and it was with Orton who carried him. I would be fine with him fighting Brock but really it only works with a triple threat or a quick match.

The best part of the podcast was when Triple H admitted that Raw is an hour too long. He honestly couldn't be more spot on. There are so many filler segments and matches that it's tiresome, as a fan, to watch an entire 3 hour show.

The best part of the podcast was when Triple H admitted that Raw is an hour too long. He honestly couldn't be more spot on. There are so many filler segments and matches that it's tiresome, as a fan, to watch an entire 3 hour show.

I don't think anybody backstage really wants a 3 hour show.  The networks that air Raw are all about it though.

So is Vince literally the only person who believes in it? Because I don't think there's a single fan in favor. I'm listening to the podcast tonight, but the fact that HHH will admit that gets me even more excited to hear what he's got to say. My internet was garbage last night, and my stream froze the second Austin said "kayfabe is dead"... HOW YOU GONNA CUT OFF THERE?!

Austin's podcast was fantastic, as expected. Great questions and even better answers.

A 3 hour-show would be better if they'd showcase lower midcarders and give the women's division more direction and waste less time with overlong segments and repeated match-ups. I liked last night's show more than any RAW of 2015 so far because they made up for the promo-filled first hour (that first segment was 30 minutes long - I get that it was because of the announcement, but come on, there was a commercial break) with some good matches in the second and third hour.

3 hour RAWs can be entertaining from start to finish if they're done right, that's for sure. There've been some amazing RAWs since they switched to 3 hours - not many but enough that proved that it's possible to make it work. Going back to 2 hours isn't necessarily the answer if they make the matches shorter only to have more time to promote the network and the occasional guest host. It'd be interesting to have a 2 hour RAW in the social media era though, just to see if I'd be correct or not.

NXT talk.

Balor's dropkick into the turnbuckle was an awesome spot.

Corbin wasn't too shabby in his first match against a good opponent.

I thought it was rad that Graves called Becky Lynch out for acting like a poseur. She's clearly talented but her gimmick is whack.

The special next week is going to be incredible. I don't think there is a single match I'm not interested in.

Bálor-Itami was great, as expected. I want Bryan-Ziggler (if it happens) to be just like that, face vs. face and focused on wrestling.

I was watching Pac vs. Devitt like, a year ago and now it's gonna happen in NXT. It'll definitely deliver and I want Bálor to win, since Neville already had his shot.

I'm a little worried that Owens could already win the title though - it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I still can't believe that all these world-class talents are in NXT right now. Takeover: Rival (great name) should be amazing, I can't wait.

On a sidenote, I love Wrestling Thursday. NXT, Lucha Underground, ROH and SmackDown!