VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Decent card tonight. Surprisingly Ambrose got the second biggest pop tonight behind Reigns.

Fandango vs R-Truth

Los Matadores vs Slator Gator

Rusev vs Rowan

Ambrose vs Wyatt

Natalya/Paige vs Sasha Banks/Alicia Fox

Uso's vs The Miz/Mizdow

Roman Reigns vs Big Show

It's becoming the new dolph/kofi

Only Dolph/Kofi was actually good. Reigns/Show was never good and it never will be. Plus, Big Show and Kane got that X-Pac heat, they've turned two future HOFers into terribly boring characters.

Speaking of Reigns, he's said in another interview that he doesn't care about the boos and "just hopes that he'll get rich at the end of the day". I hope he fucks off to Hollywood sooner rather than later, he'll undoubtedly go that route.

Only Dolph/Kofi was actually good. Reigns/Show was never good and it never will be. Plus, Big Show and Kane got that X-Pac heat, they've turned two future HOFers into terribly boring characters.

Speaking of Reigns, he's said in another interview that he doesn't care about the boos and "just hopes that he'll get rich at the end of the day". I hope he fucks off to Hollywood sooner rather than later, he'll undoubtedly go that route.

The match on Friday was easily the worst of the night. It was a "street fight" and Big Show carried him. I'm surprised they didn't let Big Show win, seeing that genres in his home state.

street fight.. meaning they sauntered through the crowd/into the back, hitting heads on barricades, and using whatever foreign objects they crossed paths with?

Not even. They broke three tables, used the stairs, a chair and a kendo stick. Never left the ring area

I hate how lame Street Fights/No DQ/FCA matches have become over the years. More backstage brawls would be nice and would actually make more sense.

Also, there should be more Tornado Tag Team matches, I'm so tired of traditional TT matches, especially if it involves the same wrestlers over and over again.

So I came across this website- thehistoryofwwe.com, and I found the card from the first house show I went to when I was 10 years old-

WWF @ Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid-Hudson Civic Center - December 1, 1996 (matinee) (1,737)
Argo pinned Dr. X (Tom Prichard) with an atomic drop
Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon defeated Marty Jannetty & Leif Cassidy when Furnas pinned Leif Cassidy
The Sultan pinned Jesse Jammes with a roll up after Bob Backlund distracted Jammes
Savio Vega pinned Salvatore Sincere by blocking a sunset flip
Marc Mero defeated WWF IC Champion Hunter Hearst Helmsley via disqualification when the champion pulled the referee into Mero
Diesel II & Razor Ramon II defeated the Grimm Twins following the powerbomb from Diesel
Billy Gunn pinned Bart Gunn with his feet on the ropes
Shawn Michaels pinned Goldust with the superkick

I remember it was right after HBK lost the title to Sid and he was starting a heel turn. When he came out during the main event, some guys in the front row were booing him so he blew snot on them. My dad wasn't happy with that (especially since he knew HBK was my favorite) and when we came home, he told my mom and they forbade me from watching wrestling again. Fortunately I had a TV in my room and could watch it with ease. God forbid they ever saw any of the Attitude Era...

Here's my 1 and only live wrestling event experience.  11th bday present from my parents

WWF @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - January 15, 1995 (4,500)
Aldo Montoya defeated Steven Dunn
Henry Godwinn defeated Bob Holly
Lex Luger & Davey Boy Smith fought King Kong Bundy & Bam Bam Bigelow to a double count-out
Bret Hart defeated Owen Hart
Wink & Pink the Clowns defeated Sleezy & Cheezy
Duke Drose defeated Timothy Well
WWF Women's Champion Bull Nakano defeated Alundra Blayze
WWF World Champion Diesel defeated Jeff Jarrett (sub. for Bob Backlund)
The Undertaker defeated Tatanka

my dad took me to a house show when i was a wee one. i wouldn't even know where to start in trying to find it.
but when i got older, this was the first show that i went to-

March 6, 2000, Monday Night Raw at The Springfield Civic Center

The Big Show (w/ Shane McMahon) defeated Kane (w/ Paul Bearer) by disqualification (3:29)
Mark Henry (w/ Mae Young) defeated D-Von Dudley (w/ Buh Buh Ray Dudley) (1:17)
D-Generation X (The Road Dogg & X-Pac) (w/ Tori) defeated Too Cool (Grandmaster Sexay & Scotty 2 Hotty) by DQ (4:24)
Chris Jericho defeated Kurt Angle © by DQ in a WWF Intercontinental Championship Match (4:10)
Phatu Rikishi defeated Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) by DQ (5:07)
Steve Blackman (w/ Al Snow) defeated Jeff Hardy (w/ Matt Hardy) (4:45)
Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn (w/ Eddie Guerrero) defeated Christian & Edge (5:14)
Crash Holly © defeated Viscera to retain the WWF Hardcore Championship (2:51)

The Rock defeated Chris Benoit in a Steel Cage match (10:53)

So, I'm not sure which date it was, but I went to my first show when I was 4. Either:

WWF @ Detroit, MI - Cobo Arena - March 8, 1997 (9,565)

Rick James defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
Crush pinned Bob Holly with the heart punch
Savio Vega (w/ Crush) pinned Bart Gunn after using the tights for leverage
WWF IC Champion Rocky Maivia pinned the Sultan (w/ the Iron Sheik) with a roll up
Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Flash Funk with the Pedigree
Goldust pinned Mankind after hitting him with the urn
WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart & WWF European Champion Davey Boy Smith defeated Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon when Smith pinned LaFon as Owen held the challenger’s legs down from outside the ring
Ahmed Johnson defeated Vader via disqualification when the Nation interfered
Farooq (w/ the Nation) defeated the Undertaker via disqualification when Taker used a chair; Ahmed Johnson made the save for the Undertaker after the match
WWF World Champion Psycho Sid defeated Bret Hart in a steel cage match by escaping out the door as Hart attempted to escape over the top

OR

WWF @ Detroit, MI - Cobo Arena - November 8, 1997 (7,286)

D-Lo Brown & Kama defeated the Headbangers
Ahmed Johnson defeated Rocky Maivia
WWF Tag Team Champions the Legion of Doom defeated Henry & Phinneas Godwinn
Ken Shamrock defeated Miguel Perez
Vader defeated Farooq via disqualification
The Undertaker, Steve Austin, & Mankind defeated WWF World Champion Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, & Jim Neidhart when Austin scored the pin after hitting the Stunner

I chanted "Rocky's Socks" when everyone chanted "Rocky Sucks." I had no idea what was going on. There was a third Detroit date in 1994, but I also remember Bret Hart being in the main event and being really excited about that, which is funny because I'm not a fan of Bret at all anymore.

This site is awesome, by the way. Thanks.

EDIT: Some more research makes me think that I was at the first date because I'm pretty sure he still had the "Rocky Maivia" gimmick. In mid-97, he came back as a heel and stuff. I think he was still face when I saw him.

The only house show I've ever been to was a day before my 18th birthday. My brother took me. Literally the only thing I remember about the card is seeing Mideon. How weird is that?

WWF @ Champaign, IL - March 22, 2000
The Godfather defeated Mideon
Tazz defeated Eddie Guerrero via submission with the Tazzmission
Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko defeated Too Cool when Saturn pinned Scotty 2 Hotty
WWF Hardcore Champion Crash Holly pinned Gangrel after hitting him with a steel chair
WWF Women's Champion Jackie pinned Lita with a roll up
The Acolytes defeated Test & Albert when Bradshaw pinned Albert
Rikishi (w/ Too Cool) defeated Viscera
WWF Intercontinental & European Champion Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho by pinning Jericho after hitting him with one of the title belts as Jericho had Benoit caught in the Walls of Jericho
WWF Tag Team Champions the Dudley Boyz defeated Edge & Christian and Matt & Jeff Hardy in an elimination match; Edge & Christian were eliminated; Matt was pinned after sustaining the 3D
WWF World Champion Triple H defeated Kane

Oh man, that site also has WCW on it — I found the only WCW event I ever went to, an episode of Nitro in my hometown. I remember making a "HOGAN 4 PREZ" sign and actually got on TV, according to friends who watched at home:

WCW @ Rockford, IL - Metrocentre - July 19, 1999 (7,558; 6,836 paid)
Monday Nitro:
Fit Finlay defeated Jerry Flynn via disqualification
Norman Smiley defeated Lodi
Sting defeated Ric Flair
WCW TV Champion Rick Steiner defeated Horace
Eddie Guerrero defeated Psychosis
Stevie Ray defeated WCW Tag Team Champion Kanyon
Billy Kidman defeated Randy Savage via disqualification
Konnan defeated Vampiro via disqualification
Chris Benoit & Perry Saturn defeated Curt Hennig & Barry Windham via disqualification; after the bout, Dean Malenko came out to make the save but was beaten down as well by Hennig, Windham, Kendall Windham, & Bobby Duncum Jr.; moments later, Shane Douglas ran out and helped clear the ring, prompting a small chant of "ECW;" moments later, Douglas took the mic and said the crowd knew how tough Benoit, Malenko, and Saturn were and they were down being held back and they would end the cancer that was running WCW (Douglas's surprise return after a 6-year absence)
WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Sid Vicious via disqualification