VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Even with nothing else to do on a 2 hour train ride, I still couldn't pay full attention to this show.

Pretty much the same points on a weekly basis- heyman is amazing, and the IC picture is great. But I was totally down with that ending. First time I've actually been excited over sting.. Probably because it didn't cross my mind at any point that he'd show up. See how surprises work?

Wow RIP Pedro Aguayo Ramirez.

can someone explain to me exactly what happened? I saw a video where he was already limp, I thought the 619 move was the one where Rey Mysterio would like kick inside the rope, and multiple reports say it was the 619 that hit him hard. I did see a 619 attempt that didn't actually land though...

Aguayo Jr. had gotten back in the ring after taking a spinning head scissors where he bumped to the floor from Rey Mysterio Jr. Mysterio Jr. gave him a low dropkick to the back to set up the 619.  It is not clear whether Aguayo Jr. was selling or not when he first hit the ropes to get ready for the 619.  He may have already been injured falling on the ropes, or, while selling, and being positioned badly, when Manik fell into the ropes to set up a double 619 spot, that was when the ropes whiplashed him, although it was likely the first spot immediately.  

Sources who were at Hospital del Prado in Tijuana have said that the initial cause of death was cervical spine trauma coming from when the ropes snapped his neck.

He was already out when Mysterio went for the 619 and Mysterio Jr. saw he was in trouble and didn't hit him.  The belief was he was knocked out and they continued the match, although went right to the finish.

Konnan, at ringside, was trying to revive him and they eventually carried him out and paramedics arrived to the show, before he was rushed to the hospital.

The death will surely get significant media publicity in Mexico where he has been one of the top wrestling stars for nearly two decades, but with a lot of footage already out, it will probably get covered in the U.S. media as well. While not the same circumstances, the death is very eerily similar to that of Mitsuharu Misawa in the ring in Japan in 2009.

Source

Around 6:20:

Just reup'ed my subscription. Haven't watched since summerslam...sooo I'm kinda pumped to catch up on all that I missed, which...probably wasn't too much..? I mean has Sami Zayn debuted yet??

Thankfully he has not yet been called up to rot away on the main roster. But you have plenty of rad NXT shows to catch up on!

That video makes it really hard to tell what's going on. I found a couple more on reddit closeup on him, and it's uncomfortable. But still not clear what actually happened. Just a total freak accident.

Yeah, it's tough to tell when exactly it happens. The video above shows a normal 619 set-up - he either didn't take the Dropkick right or his head landed horribly on the second rope when he fell (and a second whiplash could've occured when Suicide got in the 619 position, too).

It's a really weird case, but I think it's pretty obvious that it was an accident and that Rey Mysterio cannot be blamed.

From what I read since I am not going to watch the video is that he took the dropkick and when he fell onto the ropes for the 619 his trachea caught the rope and caused whiplash and bleeding that caused a stroke. The doctor was attending to two other wrestlers backstage that was hurt and was not at ringside, so he didnt get attention to right away, though from the sounds of it, Im not sure a ringside doctor could have done much more.