VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Wrestlemania 31 Card

1     Brock Lesnar © (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns     Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2     Sting vs. Triple H     Singles match
3     André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (The Miz, Curtis Axel, Ryback, Fandango, Adam Rose, Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Big Show, Kane, Erick Rowan, Damien Mizdow, Sin Cara, Goldust, Heath Slater, Mark Henry)
4     Bad News Barrett © vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan     Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
5     The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt     Singles match
6     Rusev © vs. John Cena     Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
7     AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins (Brie Bella and Nikki Bella)     Tag team match
8     Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury)     Singles match

My Picks

8     Randy Orton with an RKO outta nowhere!

7     AJ Lee and Paige

6     John Cena via the "Rusev's Push" crush

5     Bray Wyatt

4     My Boy D Bryan

3     Axelmania

2     1999

1      BRRRRROOOOCCCKKK LESSSSSNNNAAAARRRR

Looking at the card, there are only 3 matches i am interested in going in: Wyatt/Taker, the Ladder match, and the main event. i am sure Rollins/Orton and Cena/Rusev will be good matches, but i can't say i am hyped for them.

i am really not sure what to expect from Taker/Wyatt, so that alone makes me intrigued.

The ladder match should be ridiculous based on the talent in the match and the build thus far.

i don't care that there is no heat and i don't care that they've only gone face to face once, i am stoked on Lesnar/Regins. Sure, it should have been Lesnar/Bryan, but i really think these two will deliver. i am hoping Lesnar retains the title and sticks around another couple years.

Predictions:

8. Randy Orton

7. Pai-J

6. John Cena (because Rusev lacks Lana's guidance)

5. The Undertaker (although I really want Wyatt to win, I can't see it happening - even though the streak is no more)

4. Daniel Bryan (from WWEWHC to IC Champion smh)

3. Sheamus (if he won't be added, Ryback)

2. Sting

1. Roman Reigns

Rollins will probably cash in on the RAW After. I hope I'm wrong and he cashes in on a victorious Lesnar (or even Reigns) at the end of WM. It's the only right outcome and if they did that shit with Bryan at SummerSlam, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen to Reigns (who still isn't on that level).

The card is nowhere near as great as it could've been (it feels like SummerSlam - and not a particularly good one at that) but WM Play still has potential to be at least a decent event.

Predictions:

5. The Undertaker (although I really want Wyatt to win, I can't see it happening - even though the streak is no more)

Yeah, i'm really not sure which way this match will go. Without the Streak, it is certainly more up in the air. i can't imagine they would have a rising star in Wyatt lose at Mania, but it happened in the Cena feud, too, so who knows?

8. Randy Orton via the RKO from out of noBEAR (if you haven't checked out his new Wrestlemania shirt on wweshop its pretty fantastic: http://shop.wwe.com/WrestleMania-31-%22Outta-No-Bear%22-T-Shirt/W09180,default,pd.html?dwvar_W09180_color=Black&start=1&cgid=superstar-current-randyorton

7. AJ Lee and Paige via the Bella on Bella Turn (brought to you by Total Divas)

6. Rusev via DQ, and I hope to God Bo Dallas returns to let Cena know that he has not only let down Levi Stadium, but all of America!

5. Bray Wyatt, but with so much less impact because beating Taker is so last year

4. Dean Ambrose. Need I say more?

3. Mizdow in a character turn back to the worlds most intellectual man, with a cartwheel out.

2. No one wins. They both croak, and therefore, become IMMORTALS (since it is the Showcase of the Immortals!)

1.Broke Lesnar. For the love of God please let it be Brock Lesnar. But, if Cena-In-Training does win, he should join the Authority to protect himself, making Rollins the exiled now good-guy who can haunt Reigns with cashing in.

I thought they did a better job of hyping up (almost) every match last night than in the past few weeks. The IC Title picture, the Divas got a 10+ min match for a second week in a row, Rusev finally wrecked Cena and Sting opening RAW and cutting a promo was surreal.

But yeah, the ending was hilariously bad. Heyman is trying his hardest to hype it up and just when he succeeded, Reigns comes out and plays tug of war with the man who beat the streak.

6. Rusev via DQ, and I hope to God Bo Dallas returns to let Cena know that he has not only let down Levi Stadium, but all of America!

This would be wonderful and a great precursor to him returning to win the Andre Battle Royale later in the evening.

Curious, as I did not watch last night. If Roman is the face in the match, why is he trying to take the belt from Lesnar the week before the match? Isnt that more of a heel thing to do?

The same could be said for the IC title, haha. Ambrose and Truth are the faces stealing the belt from Barrett, the (barely anymore) heel.

heyman saying that reigns winning would be like taking lesnar's house, family, etc drew the best reaction from brock. once he realizes what paul's saying, his ears perk up, brow tenses, and jaw drops a bit- you can read his inner monologue of "no chance in hell he's gonna take all that from me."

and once paul spins it back on reigns, brock starts laughing, this time thinking, "yeah, i could totally take all that from him. lol."

it's just crazy how heyman can provide the best 5 minutes of every show with a thunderous delivery... and then it leads to "hey that's mine give it back! DAAAAAAAAADDD!! DAD ROMAN'S TRYING TO STEAL MY TOOOOOYYYYYY!!!"

The same could be said for the IC title, haha. Ambrose and Truth are the faces stealing the belt from Barrett, the (barely anymore) heel.

I get your point, but I feel like WWE thinks the difference is that Truth is black and thats what black people do (see Cryme Tyme) and Ambrose is a lunatic and that makes him do things because he is unstable so it is all okay for them to do it.

I get your point, but I feel like WWE thinks the difference is that Truth is black and thats what black people do (see Cryme Tyme) and Ambrose is a lunatic and that makes him do things because he is unstable so it is all okay for them to do it.

Yeah, i didn't want to go there, but it does seem pretty suspicious that Truth, the only black man in the match, is the one who is doing the stealing. Then again, this is the company that brought us Crime Time and the Mexicools (complete with Juan Deeres) in the 2000s.

I never even noticed that ... but it wouldn't surprise me. WWE's stereotyping ways piss me off. It used to be much worse but they still do it. They gave Hideo Itami a Karate gi to further accentuate that he's in fact Japanese. It's little things but it's still there.

By the way, I think they broke their record for most WWE App/Network mentions in one night. Jesus.

This would be wonderful and a great precursor to him returning to win the Andre Battle Royale later in the evening.

Stop getting my hopes up. :unsure: