40% off code at Hot Topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something has to be done about the international shipping. $32.50 to ship 1 record to Australia? It costs $12-$16 at the most. When I buy records from Invinylwetrust, SRC ,Band merch sites or ebay that is what is charged. I would LOVE to support Hot Topic and buy records from them too but that just ain't gonna happen with these prices. Surely this needs to be looked into.

I e-mailed them regarding this a couple of months ago...

Here's the answer I got :

Thank you for taking the time to email us! I am very sorry to hear you

are unhappy with our shipping process. Please know that Hottopic.com strives to make our ordering process as efficient and convenient as possible for our customers. Our ordering system calculates the shipping price by determining the package weight, destination, and delivery time for the order. All orders are delivered from our shipping warehouse located inTennessee, USA. For all of our International customers, at this time the only shipping method we have is USPS Express. We use this shipping method because it was determined and proven to be safe and dependable for International shipments. Please know I will forward your shippingsuggestion to the proper departments so we may look into this further as a possible future option. We take customer requests very seriously.

My Conclusion : nothing will change.

Thanks to the OP for the discount. Nice scores as usual.

I have to comment on the huge improvement in packaging (forget about the fact that I got my order from Friday already). The first mail order I did with them was just a bunch of records thrown in a huge box. This was secure packaging with cardboard sandwiched between the records, inside bubble sleeves, packed with bubble wrap and extra paper padding. Impressed.

Plus there was $15 Hot Cash attached to the packing slip.