Any good record shops in Brooklyn?

You think dubious? It is pretty much in the middle of Williamsburg, up near the Music Hall. Up there it tends to look a bit more industrial but is plenty safe. Sound Fix and Earwax are within walking distance there as well.

Maybe dubious for another reason/ Sorry if I am missing something.

This one time at Academy, I found a 4xLP set of John Cage's works - when I discovered it, I very excitedly blurted my find to Mellie who was a few feet away. A very academic looking older gentleman who was going through a stack two feet away looked over really quickly as if he'd been struck with whiplash and his face within the next ten seconds ran the gamut from surprise to jealousy that I'd gotten to it first. I also found They Were Wrong, So We Drowned by Liars for eight bucks on that trip. The clerk went through my stack and let me have some freebies out of it including the Better Off Dead soundtrack. Another time, that clerk let me have a Hives record and some Man or Astro Man records I'd picked out for free because I bought up an armload of sealed Crypt Records comps. Nothing but good experiences with Academy.

This one time at Academy, I found a 4xLP set of John Cage's works - when I discovered it, I very excitedly blurted my find to Mellie who was a few feet away. A very academic looking older gentleman who was going through a stack two feet away looked over really quickly as if he'd been struck with whiplash and his face within the next ten seconds ran the gamut from surprise to jealousy that I'd gotten to it first. I also found They Were Wrong, So We Drowned by Liars for eight bucks on that trip. The clerk went through my stack and let me have some freebies out of it including the Better Off Dead soundtrack. Another time, that clerk let me have a Hives record and some Man or Astro Man records I'd picked out for free because I bought up an armload of sealed Crypt Records comps. Nothing but good experiences with Academy.

Holy shit! Free man or astroman records???? That's fucking awesome.

Holy shit! Free man or astroman records???? That's fucking awesome.

Yeah dude! One of them was the A Spectrum of Infinite Scale 2x10" as well.

Also mrcapitillar, if you decide to go to Academy, you could jump on the L Train at Bedford and get off at 3rd Avenue into the East Village where Rockit Scientist is located - a lot of great stuff there, a little pricey, but super in depth in terms of newer and hard to find stuff across the board.

Seconded on Academy. I like to visit Williamsburg to eat, but god damn those hipsters....

Generation Records is a short train ride into Manhattan. I strongly recommend if you have the time check them out too.

Generation is pretty cool. I suppose if you go to Manhattan from Brooklyn you should go to Bleecker Street Records, which I haven't been to but is close to Generation.

Seconded on Academy. I like to visit Williamsburg to eat, but god damn those hipsters....

Generation Records is a short train ride into Manhattan. I strongly recommend if you have the time check them out too.

Generation is pretty cool. I suppose if you go to Manhattan from Brooklyn you should go to Bleecker Street Records, which I haven't been to but is close to Generation.

You're not missing anything special.

I know I'm gonna sound like a hater, but I've never been all that impressed with Generation or Bleecker Bob's. I've visited both several times (mainly out of fascination with their place in the history of the NYC punk and hc scenes and whatnot) but never liked how highly a lot of their (more common) stuff has been priced.