"V-i-n-y-l-s" If Jimmy Page can say it, so can I

Using the "thier" instead of "they're" and not using appropriate punctuation are far more annoying grammatical errors than "vinyl".

Edit. Hmm... There really is a filter deleting the "s". I thought you folks were just being funny. It's a little assinine to just filter that particular word.

It's not elitism when you're correcting someone grammatically. Vinyl is something that can't be plural, like "oil". You can't say "I bought X oils." You have to have some units, even if its something informal like "pieces" of vinyl.

That's why its easier to say records, because that's what you're buying, unless you're collecting it based on the color of the vinyl and not the music.

It's not elitism when you're correcting someone grammatically. Vinyl is something that can't be plural, like "oil". You can't say "I bought X oils." You have to have some units, even if its something informal like "pieces" of vinyl.

That's why its easier to say records, because that's what you're buying, unless you're collecting it based on the color of the vinyl and not the music.

Being called an elitist for trying to inform someone how to properly use their words to communicate effectively is seriously just an attack from someone who doesn't value being properly educated.

What other reason could it possibly be? I seriously see none.