What to do STD ISIL Test Press

So I'm looking to justify a very large purchase in the next week and I figure what better place to get an unbiased (haha) opinion than this board. I have the chance to drop a pretty large amount of money on a saves the day I'm sorry I'm leaving test press /10 a record that I've wanted for years. In my mind I justify it as a once or twice in a lifetime opportunity but at the same time it would be spreading my funds pretty thin right before Xmas. What should I do? I've honestly changed my mind everyday on this and am looking for opinions. lemme know what you'd do and insult me at the same time ;)

If I was in your shoes, I'd buy it for a few reasons. It's what I consider a legitimate test, not a recent release with an intentionally high number produced for fund raising purposes. I'm not much of a Saves the Day fan, but I'm guessing the value of it isn't going to change dramatically any time soon. I'm assuming their popularity has pretty much stabilized. And it doesn't sound like it'll make or break you or this wouldn't be a question.

I've passed on a handful of items I've either never seen again or had/would have to pay through the nose to purchase the next time. Can't say I've ever bought anything I've come to regret, though.

Ok, please don't take this personally but I think you're crazy. I don't get why people pay so much for test presses anyway, especially if they already have the same record a bunch of times on different colours.

It's Christmas and you yourself say it'd leave your funds a bit thin. Buy your loved ones some nice presents, take a nice trip somewhere, buy something you actually need or just stick it in the bank for a rainy day. I don't know man, it's your money but I could never drop a large amount of money on a record I already own multiple times just so I can stick it on the wall.

That being said, it's your money. You can do whatever you want with it and I guess you could always sell it if you needed to.

If I was gonna take things personally I wouldn't ask for everyones honest opinion. I somewhat agree with you, test presses are kinda silly, especially these days when there's 25 of them. But saves the day means an awful lot to me, this record in particular, those three songs were the first songs I learned on guitar, since then I've played them at a few friends weddings. I've talked with Chris a few times and he's a super genuine guy. And the part that justifies it the most in my mind is that I'm buying it off pat at immigrant sun. So the money is going to the label that took a chance on them and not some guy that bought it for 10 bucks 13 years ago.

I think I'm going to buy it. After reading the above I don't see much choice in the matter lol. Thanks for helping me out guys.

You buying it from Pat from Immigrant? I know I was talking to him about some other copies and he was debating on when to sell his test. Im a STD collector but I've never been to worried about getting tests but when it comes to their first 3 releases I would prolly go for it dude, might never get another chance for something that rare.

Guest markovianprocess
I have donated this year and will continue too. I encourage everyone to give a little if they can.

Yeah, everyone should give a little if they can, but you're currently in the position to give a lot (assuming, based on what you're calling "a lot"), and that could make a whole lot of people feel good over the Christmas period.

I think you should make a list of everything else you could put that money towards, and at the end of that exercise, make your decision. Is your purchase going to make you happier than doing everything else you can imagine?