Weezer Blue Album up for preorder

xckid31

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered this on the 16th when the pre-order was first available and even though it says the 29th, I got the shipping notice on the 22nd. Tracking said it was supposed to come yesterday, but it got delayed so I should be getting it on Tuesday when mail service resumes. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Speaking of this release in particular, I think I may have a copy of it. I found it sealed, and the numbers matched that of the 2002 Universal reissue. But I don't think this is the 2002 reissue. That release had a hype sticker and this one didn't. However, I'm pretty certain this is not a bootleg. It's really well done, with a printed inner sleeve, Geffen labels, and a 320 in the deadwax. 320 is the German plant that continually get praises on the Steve Hoffman forum for their great sounding mastering, doing the recent Pulp reissues and some of the best sounding Nirvana reissues prior to the newest ones. And to be honest, this record sound really amazing. I'm pretty sure it's not just a commercial CD pressed onto vinyl as most reissues are, especially if this were a bootleg.

As for a deluxe reissue, I think I'm one of the few who doesn't want one. They cost too much money, and let's be honest, how many times are you going to listen to the weird demos and stuff on the other discs? Maybe a disc of the album, and another with b-sides arranged to flow like an album. But still, a nice one disc vinyl reissue from the source tapes would be nice. The only nice thing a reissue would do is bring down the price of the original UK pressing.

As for a deluxe reissue, I think I'm one of the few who doesn't want one. They cost too much money, and let's be honest, how many times are you going to listen to the weird demos and stuff on the other discs? Maybe a disc of the album, and another with b-sides arranged to flow like an album. But still, a nice one disc vinyl reissue from the source tapes would be nice. The only nice thing a reissue would do is bring down the price of the original UK pressing.

I'd have to disagree. I think Weezer's B-sides/Rarities are nearly always awesome (Pinkerton - "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly", "You Won't Get With Me Tonight" and I think the rough tracking takes of "Tired of Sex" and "Getchoo" are way cooler than the mixes on the final album). In fact, I would've rather liked to see them do the 1st 4xlp vinyl reissue treatment on Blue! Susanne, My Evaline, Jamie, Paperface. C'maaan.

Speaking of this release in particular, I think I may have a copy of it. I found it sealed, and the numbers matched that of the 2002 Universal reissue. But I don't think this is the 2002 reissue. That release had a hype sticker and this one didn't. However, I'm pretty certain this is not a bootleg. It's really well done, with a printed inner sleeve, Geffen labels, and a 320 in the deadwax. 320 is the German plant that continually get praises on the Steve Hoffman forum for their great sounding mastering, doing the recent Pulp reissues and some of the best sounding Nirvana reissues prior to the newest ones. And to be honest, this record sound really amazing. I'm pretty sure it's not just a commercial CD pressed onto vinyl as most reissues are, especially if this were a bootleg.

I just looked at my 2002 pressing and it has 320 in the deadwax. It has the printed inner sleeve and custom labels on the vinyl.

I got my package from SoundStageDirect, but the Blue Album wasn't there! Just the other record that was part of the order (Your Favorite Weapon). There was nothing in the email that said only part of the order shipped, so I assumed the whole thing went out. I went on their help chat and they told me the Blue Album will be shipping next week and I'd get another notification email with tracking info.

ok I just got a copy today at Newbury comics in boston....it has a made in Holland sticker! it was 30.99.....has David Geffen Company, DGC...made in EU on bottom!

must be a new holland repress??

also i ordered one before i got this today! from the soundstage direct...and they sent an email that they will be getting it in 7-10 days and its coming from EU....so we'll see....if I get it, ill happly sell it now that ill have two!!!