Abbey Road: best selling vinyl lp 3yrs in a row

That's surprising. I don't see this album that often in a brand new state.

I'm still waiting for a reissue box set of their whole catalogue. I'm not holding my breath for it since there has not been any news for it for about 2 years.

Every store Ive ever been in has this brand new plus every Urban, Best Buy and random places like those that sell vinyl always have this in stock too.

When ever they finally repress their whole catalog I wouldnt be surprised if at least 5 of the top 10 selling records were Beatles albums.

Wait, is this a top 10 best sellers list or a top 10 list for a Pitchfork employee?

I would agree with you about this being Pitchfork's except that The Beatles have the top spot, so it can't be. Pitchfork would be ironic and have the top spot reserved for something like Gerry and Pacemakers.

Shit, thats alot of Mumford & Sons. It still boggles my mind how they are so popular when they are like nothing else being played in popular music.

Really? I know nothing about that kind of music but I get those guys and whoever sings that Hey There Delila song mixed up. Or they could be the same band who the fuck knows.

Wait, is this a top 10 best sellers list or a top 10 list for a Pitchfork employee?

I would agree with you about this being Pitchfork's except that The Beatles have the top spot, so it can't be. Pitchfork would be ironic and have the top spot reserved for something like Gerry and Pacemakers.

Herp derp

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13431-abbey-road/

I always find it ironic to read knee-jerk hate against Pitchfork. They pretty much never have much of anything in their reviews or lists that's contrarian or "ironic". Their opinions and tastes are well-established at this point, and they're pretty good at covering a wide variety of quality music while retaining their core "indie" coverage. Thus, I have to assume that people hate Pitchfork and call it "hipster" because it's popular and they have different tastes, which is rich in irony to me.

Also, to comment on this list: Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea used to be on this list every year. Merge really fucked up when they started pressing it as a "special edition" 180 gram LP and charging $8 more for it.

Herp derp

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13431-abbey-road/

I always find it ironic to read knee-jerk hate against Pitchfork. They pretty much never have much of anything in their reviews or lists that's contrarian or "ironic". Their opinions and tastes are well-established at this point, and they're pretty good at covering a wide variety of quality music while retaining their core "indie" coverage. Thus, I have to assume that people hate Pitchfork and call it "hipster" because it's popular and they have different tastes, which is rich in irony to me.

Also, to comment on this list: Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea used to be on this list every year. Merge really fucked up when they started pressing it as a "special edition" 180 gram LP and charging $8 more for it.

I was playing off Marc's comment because it's enjoyable to poke fun at Pitchfork and people who take what they say so seriously.

But, yes, obviously they liked Abbey Road. But why shouldn't they? It's a nearly flawless album by The Beatles! If they didn't like the album, I would question their credibility as music reviewers.

Pitchfork serves its purpose: it tells people what's cool (or going to be). Sometimes that includes good bands/music, sometimes it does not. But it isn't an inherently a perfect opinion, thus it doesn't need the legions of disciplines it has to defend it.

I personally dislike Pitchfork because they always bag on David Bazan in some way. The guy is clearly working on a higher plain and they refuse to acknowledge it (some have posited that his need to sing about his former beliefs might be the cause). They don't even review his stuff most of the time when he's certainly current enough and in their wheelhouse.