PO: Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting..

so..not a "bootleg" but not authorized by the original label.

However--still will be missing the vinyl-only tracks. $30 is tempting though..

https://www.facebook.com/warprecords/posts/141481355970497?notif_t=share_comment

Paul Ashby:

I work for Revolver USA, the distributor for the LP reissue - to be clear, the label only has the rights for the USA and Canada. And to be equally clear, this title is not a bootleg or a fake. The following are the credits from the vinyl p...ackage:

"All songs written by RIchard D. James © Chrysalis Songs (BMI). All rights administered by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC. © 1994 & 2012 Sire Records Company. Produced under license from Sire Records Company. Manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company. All Rights Reserved. Made in the U.S.A. Marketed by International Feel LLC. 1972 PO Box 11444 Oakland California 94611 USA"

• 3 months later...

Apparently this is available now.

I was under the impression that the original vinyl press had one extra track, not two. Can anyone confirm that there were two bonus tracks not available on the CD version?

The UK (and everywhere else) original vinyl on Warp has one more track than the Warp CD. The US CD version was released by Sire Records and the Sire release has two fewer tracks than the UK vinyl (and one fewer than the Warp UK CD).

It seems that this is a legit repress of the Sire US CD version onto vinyl.