Pizza boxes as record mailers?

hori

I live close to Toronto and was wondering where is the cheapest place any other fellow Canucks have purcahed the standard 12 inch record mailers from (the ones that hold 1-2 albums). If you know of somewhere in the local Toronto area that sells them let me know as well but I am not wanting to pay the crazy prices at Staples. Postage rates from several US shops seems pretty high so let me know the best and cheapest place any you have found.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever shipped or received records in brand new 13 inch pizza boxes (I believe that would be a medium pizza!). I am not talking used boxes with crusty cheese and dried up mushrooms caked on the box....I mean brand new, never used, plain white pizza boxes. In theory I think they should work just fine as long as you fill in the gap between the records/cardboard stiffner and the top of the box and give her a good taping around all the edges.

These are much cheaper and easier to get here in the Toronto area and seeing as the only way to get new record mailers are to pay crazy shipping prices from the US I was thinking of trying them out. Please tell me if you have had any good or bad expereinces with new pizza boxes as mailers (sending or receiving).

Thanks eh.

Has anyone ever shipped or received records in brand new 13 inch pizza boxes (I believe that would be a medium pizza!). I am not talking used boxes with crusty cheese and dried up mushrooms caked on the box....I mean brand new, never used, plain white pizza boxes. In theory I think they should work just fine as long as you fill in the gap between the records/cardboard stiffner and the top of the box and give her a good taping around all the edges.

Reminds me of the European version of Melvin's "Endless Residency" Box...which looked exactly like a pizza box!

I am not talking used boxes with crusty cheese and dried up mushrooms caked on the box...

I actually got an LP like this before. I copped a Bad Religion - Back to the Known LP off Craigslist, and the chick ships it to me in a used hacked up dominoes box, cheese still stuck to the box and everything.

I am not talking used boxes with crusty cheese and dried up mushrooms caked on the box...

I actually got an LP like this before. I copped a Bad Religion - Back to the Known LP off Craigslist, and the chick ships it to me in a used hacked up dominoes box, cheese still stuck to the box and everything.

Amazing/amazingly stupid!

I'm pretty sure Rotate This sells them for a buck a piece. With that being said, I have 10-20 used ones sitting in my room right now. If you want them and can pick them up they are yours for free. I don't plan on selling anything in the near future and always have more coming in. PM me to work something out.

Amazing/amazingly stupid!

I'm pretty sure Rotate This sells them for a buck a piece. With that being said, I have 10-20 used ones sitting in my room right now. If you want them and can pick them up they are yours for free. I don't plan on selling anything in the near future and always have more coming in. PM me to work something out.

triple (Y)

That is so fucking awesome haha. I'd die if I received that hahaha

seriously, just make your own. its so simple. i have been slowly getting rid of most of my collection and have probably made 50-60 mailers. best place to look for boxes are supermarkets and big box stores.

This.

A couple years ago I sold about 50 LP's on Ebay and to cut costs I went to the liquor store for boxes. They allowed me to take about 20 and even though it took some extra time to cut them up, everyone received their records in perfect shape.