WTB: Arcade Fire - Funeral, sealed, 2004 release

Guest acoustic

Guest acoustic

Subject line says it all, looking for a sealed copy of the 2004 release of Funeral.

I'm new to this forum, so any tips on helping me find or increase my chances of finding one of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest acoustic

I guess "need" is a relative term haha. You can get the reissues from Amazon for a good price, but the originals are already rare/expensive. Does anyone ever really need the originals? I just like the idea of having a sealed version of this one. Have scoured ebay with nothing.

Guest acoustic

I don't have this one at all yet, so probably will get the 180g from Amazon. But still interested in a sealed one to put in the archives - to keep sealed.

Guest acoustic

FYI/buyer beware: in the future if anyone wants to buy a record from somethingvinyl they should check out his Amazon store instead of going directly through him. He is hardlining a price over PM to me that is MORE than what he is charging on Amazon.

Guest acoustic
I'm sure you've heard this before, but that shrinkwrap is going to start bending the jacket and possibly warping the record in a few years, so if you're getting a copy for preservation's sake, you'd be better off finding a well-taken care of copy and putting it in a high-quality sleeve.

Yep, have definitely heard that before. Thanks for the tip. I've heard the debate is still out on whether that is still an issue if they're stored vertical with pressure surrounding the sides.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but that shrinkwrap is going to make you look like a douche and you will really regret wasting the money on that extra copy in a few years, so if you're getting a copy for preservation's sake, you'd be better off listening to the album and enjoying it, and using the extra money to buy a different album that you can also listen to and enjoy

Guest acoustic
I'm sure you've heard this before, but that shrinkwrap is going to make you look like a douche and you will really regret wasting the money on that extra copy in a few years, so if you're getting a copy for preservation's sake, you'd be better off listening to the album and enjoying it, and using the extra money to buy a different album that you can also listen to and enjoy

Again, could be true, but I've never seen it happen nor any real evidence that it does. As far as your personal opinion on the value of it, clearly you don't agree with me, so don't be a douche yourself and just get out of the argument.

Guest acoustic
records are meant to be listened to, not to sit on a shelf never being opened or played. they aren't action figures from the 70s.

ill never understand why people buy records and don't listen to them.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't valid. Damn this is the worst forum ever... sooooo many trolls!

records are meant to be listened to, not to sit on a shelf never being opened or played. they aren't action figures from the 70s.

ill never understand why people buy records and don't listen to them.

you bring up a great point. action figures from the 70s were never meant to be played with. they were meant to be sealed and re-sold on pawn stars 40 years later.