Thrice - Beggars/Alchemy Repress

Yeah the one that got me was the TBS- TAYF repress which was reported on that site only when the thread showed up on the front page here, so basically he just trolls the front page here for info and then posts it on his site.

he also trolls ebay looking for records that are in high demand and posts about them too. because people who want the records can't do their own ebay searches.

yea, ive seen that.

Yeah the one that got me was the TBS- TAYF repress which was reported on that site only when the thread showed up on the front page here, so basically he just trolls the front page here for info and then posts it on his site.

he also trolls ebay looking for records that are in high demand and posts about them too. because people who want the records can't do their own ebay searches.

Yeah I've seen that. What's the point of running a blog of reposes and eBay results? The kids an idiot yet ap.net post what he says as gospel and don't even go back to the actually source aka this thread. It's all kinds of ridiculous.

Yeah I've seen that. What's the point of running a blog of reposes and eBay results? The kids an idiot yet ap.net post what he says as gospel and don't even go back to the actually source aka this thread. It's all kinds of ridiculous.

it's probably because he submits the news to absoultepunk himself and uses his blog as a source. even though his source, this board, is by no means official itself. plus jason tate is an uber thrice fanboy. absolutepunk pretty much posts anything user submitted as long as there is a source, regardless of how unoffical it is.

a while back he posted "exclusive" news on his blog which was the pressing info for enjoy the ride's presing of Dustin Kensrue's first solo album. so on top of all the site trolling he does he randomly emails people who run labels of any kind hoping to get the scoop, exclusive or not.

it's probably because he submits the news to absoultepunk himself and uses his blog as a source. even though his source, this board, is by no means official itself. plus jason tate is an uber thrice fanboy. absolutepunk pretty much posts anything user submitted as long as there is a source, regardless of how unoffical it is.

a while back he posted "exclusive" news on his blog which was the pressing info for enjoy the ride's presing of Dustin Kensrue's first solo album. so on top of all the site trolling he does he randomly emails people who run labels of any kind hoping to get the scoop, exclusive or not.

So basically an all around class act. We should start submitting to ap.net with this board as the source to scoop him and get him to knock it off.

We should start submitting to ap.net with this board as the source to scoop him and get him to knock it off.

no don't do that. this place will get even shittier with more of the absoultepunk crowd coming over here. there are enough morons here already. let this guy have his moment in the sun.

You guys get upset over some really stupid shit. Let the dude write his blog or whatever he wants to do. Dont like it? Dont read it.

Yeah it seems like you're all getting way too upset over this like you're entitled to this "exclusive" information, and for it to remain exclusively to you.

You guys get upset over some really stupid shit. Let the dude write his blog or whatever he wants to do. Dont like it? Dont read it.

Why can't everyone think like this?

I have no problem with his blog he should just credit where he gets the stuff from. I think having a blog on vinyl is great as it'll hopefully help spread it to the masses so vinyl becomes more widely produced, I just don't think you should write up a story and not give a source for all your info. Especially if its all from the same place.

i would think that if/when the repress comes for Alchemy it'll just be on black and the packing will be a lot simpler since what Cobraside says is true with it having an extensive booklet. maybe on a 3xLP? but they may just keep the original stamps and do the 4x10" on black but we shall see

glad i sold both. and I thought like someone had mentioned alchemy was supposed to be a one time pressing

When it was first released, Vagrant said it would be the only time it would be pressed in those colors and in the book packaging. They did say it in such a way that it could be misconstrued to mean that it was a one time pressing, though, so I can see where the confusion comes from. So this will probably be on black and in less labor intensive packaging.

it's not so much that i really could give a shit less.

I just find it funny that if you even hint at some kind of hot topic exclusive,repress ect, the dude submits it as official news right away.