Hello Everyone

Just checking in to say Hello,

My name is James Ramsden and I am based in the UK.

My story goes like this, my Grandad has quite a large collection of records and he has asked me to start selling them for him, so I am in the process of setting up an online store, with paypal as the payment gateway to sell his collection.

I have Joined this board to give all you experts out there a chance to see if there is anything that I have that you could want and possibly the chance to help me value some of my records.

I hope that I become quite a well recommended seller amongst you all here, and hope to gain a few friends.

I hope to hear good comments from you from this post and would be happy to be welcomed into your community.

Hello!!!

Regards

James Ramsden

How old is your grandad? Does his collection primarily consist of pieces from any specific decade(s) or focus on any particular genre (i.e. psych, prog, punk, classic rock, etc.).

If he has any UK first pressings of Beatles, Stones, Small Faces, that sort of stuff, they can fetch a handsome sum. First pressing UK psych is very scarce and can also be extremely desirable (assuming the LPs are in very good condition or better).

Then again, if he's flush with the George Mitchell Minstrels, you may want to find something else to do with your spare time.

Let us know what you have when you get it all sorted out.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your very wholesome welcome. My Grandad is in is 70s so he's been around a while. From what i've seen so far most of his collection is in and around the 50-s - 70's but some coming up to about the late 80's. Like some of you said, it is a bit overwhelming and i've not really heard many of these artists so im unsure of a specific genre yet. I am willing to put a lot of thought and time into this, so I will do my research. I will post back in about a week with a full list of artists I have to offer. Also to you guys and girls interested I will post my site when its complete!

Thank you everyone!