Deltron 3030/Dogfish Head box set?!?!

http://beernews.org/2012/02/positive-contact-dogfish-head-deltron3030-member-collaborate-on-beer-and-cider-hybrid/#.TyrTlNRR9MQ.facebook

Not sure how many people will be interested, but I've been awaiting the followup to Deltron 3030's S/T since a bout a day after the original came out!

Definitely a classic hip-hop concept album and the followup has sparked a deal with Dogfish Head.

According to the article a brew is being made that will come in a boxset with a 10" of exclusive remixes of tracks from the new album.

The article also says that the beer/box will be in stores in May to coincide with new album.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a couple people in the beer distro business in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area so I've already put the word out to have someone try to get me one.

I should be able to pull a couple extras so if anyone's in need I may be able to lend a hand... could be tricky to ship though.

how much?

No word yet.

I'm guessing 20-30 bucks.

The beer itself is probably 12-15 bucks since it'll be a tall limited run micro brew.

I'm not sure if the presence of an exclusive EP will affect the price or just be a freebie.

well if it's all some sort of package with the vinyl let me know. you wouldn't have to ship the beer since it's probably not a good idea anyway..

how much?

No word yet.

The beer itself is probably 12-15 bucks since it'll be a tall limited run micro brew.

I'm not sure if the presence of an exclusive EP will affect the price or just be a freebie.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more expensive than that. I get the impression that you're buying 6 beers with the record, not one. Those 750ml bottles are pricey. Here's the press release from DFH:

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/positive-contact-a-collision-of-hip-hop-beer-cider-and-culinary-exploration.htm

• 1 month later...

No word yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more expensive than that. I get the impression that you're buying 6 beers with the record, not one. Those 750ml bottles are pricey. Here's the press release from DFH:

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/positive-contact-a-collision-of-hip-hop-beer-cider-and-culinary-exploration.htm

Yeah, those 750ml bottles are around $15 each by themselves. I would expect these box sets to be at least $100, maybe more.

That's another thing.

I don't know if the box container the record is for sale to general public or if it's a box sent to the stores to sell the bottles individually.

If it's the latter I'm not sure how the records will be available to us.

I know a couple of folks in beer distro so I'll see what I can do to help out.

• 2 months later...