PO: Operation Ivy - Energy and Hectic Re-Press SRC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my copy today in Brea... but wow. $17 for a single LP is nuts. I skipped on picking up the Hectic EP. $14 for six songs seemed like a lot. I will wait on that one I think.

On the plus side the clear looks really nice and I'm really really happy to add this album to my collection.

Picked up my copy today in Brea... but wow. $17 for a single LP is nuts. I skipped on picking up the Hectic EP. $14 for six songs seemed like a lot. I will wait on that one I think.

On the plus side the clear looks really nice and I'm really really happy to add this album to my collection.

Yea Ive noticed the Epitaph vinyl getting a little pricey lately

Haven't had a chance to listen yet, my kid is sleeping and I want to play this loud. Here's a pic though.

playin' it extra loud for you dawg

[image]

Sounds freakin' awesome is how it sounds. Although I've never owned this album on vinyl, this sounds better than the CD version to me

Got mine from Epitaph today!

Anyone else get Operation Ivy lyrics written on the outside of the mailer? I had a few lines of "Sound System" written on mine.

Nope

I guess they just stopped after x-amount of orders or something.

Also I wish I knew about that code last week, could have saved a good amount of dough!

Lastly here is my Energy LP collection....yes, I did get the Hectic represses, but i don't feel like posting an entire Op Ivy collection right now so I'm just going with the Energy LPs..no hectic 12"s and all the 7"s and other junk.

[image]

Laytonville press

Later press w/ barcode

Pic disc test pressing

Pic disc regular

Hellcat repress black

Hellcat repress red

Hellcat repress clear

Nope

Also I wish I knew about that code last week, could have saved a good amount of dough!

Lastly here is my Energy LP collection....yes, I did get the Hectic represses, but i don't feel like posting an entire Op Ivy collection right now so I'm just going with the Energy LPs..no hectic 12"s and all the 7"s and other junk.

[image]

Laytonville press

Later press w/ barcode

Pic disc test pressing

Pic disc regular

Hellcat repress black

Hellcat repress red

Hellcat repress clear

Thats a pretty sweet collection. Ive been listening to this album pretty frequently for the past 15 years and FINALLY own it on vinyl with the red repress. Its about fucking time I guess.

Nope

[image]

Laytonville press

Later press w/ barcode

Pic disc test pressing

Pic disc regular

Hellcat repress black

Hellcat repress red

Hellcat repress clear

I have 2 different Berkeley jackets. Have you ever seen that? One of them has the adress printed has if it was written by hand (like the Laytonville - common) and another is printed with professional letters (straight letters not hand-written). I got the second sealed a couple of years back for $40. I wonder what's up with it and if it's a boot?

[image]

Laytonville press

Later press w/ barcode

Pic disc test pressing

Pic disc regular

Hellcat repress black

Hellcat repress red

Hellcat repress clear

I have 2 different Berkeley jackets. Have you ever seen that? One of them has the adress printed has if it was written by hand (like the Laytonville - common) and another is printed with professional letters (straight letters not hand-written). I got the second sealed a couple of years back for $40. I wonder what's up with it and if it's a boot?

My barcode copy has the printed letters. The handwritten is most likely a second press once they moved.