Are we over the whole "Daisy Sucks" thing?

I don't know, you gotta keep in mind that vin was the main songwriter on this one. When I was listening to this the other day, I felt something weird..it wasn't about how bad the lyrics were, it was the way Jesse SANG them. I think it's just amazing what he did with them, and as I get older and more jaded that despair in his voice sounds a little bit more familiar every time I listen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, you gotta keep in mind that vin was the main songwriter on this one. When I was listening to this the other day, I felt something weird..it wasn't about how bad the lyrics were, it was the way Jesse SANG them. I think it's just amazing what he did with them, and as I get older and more jaded that despair in his voice sounds a little bit more familiar every time I listen.

excellent.

Describes it well.

I think I'm in the minority of Brand New fans that think YFW is not very great and is by far their worst. Could be because I didn't get into them until I was older though.

Daisy still chugs dicks....horrendously mediocre album....especially for the amount of time they put into it. That band is done

I'm just going to go ahead put this out there....The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me, still doesn't get me excited, there's about 3 parts (not even full songs) on that record that don't bore me....I guess they were an adolescent thing I grew out of and tried to hang on to or something, kids went bonkers over TDAGARIM and I don't hate it (like Daisy), but it sure as hell don't view it as anything close to a masterpiece

Describes it well.

I think I'm in the minority of Brand New fans that think YFW is not very great and is by far their worst. Could be because I didn't get into them until I was older though.

Well two dudes on top of you said YFW was their least favorite.

"down like a clown in the second round."

c'mon now dudes. c'mon.

Yeah there is some lame shit but also some gems

"Why doesn't anyone I know sleep?

Are they all just scared of their dreams

When they lay their heads down at night,

What are they haunted by?

Why won't anyone just close their eyes?

Could it hurt them to rest for a while?

Do they need their friend to be a lover,

Or a lover to be a friend?"

"So if I'm a liar then you're a thief

At least we both know where the other one sleeps and lets end this tonight."

"There's too many saviors on my cross again,

I know I'm never going to be a perfect man."

They are really simple and don't rely on the wordplay from the previous albums, but they are still effective.

Daisy still chugs dicks....horrendously mediocre album....especially for the amount of time they put into it. That band is done

Can you answer me a couple of questions? How does an album "chugs dick"? Whats will the homophobia? You just trying to keep up with your southern roots?

Straight ignorance.

yep....you nailed, Birdwell the homophobe.....and....the quote was actually chugs dicks....multiple dicks.....not certain how that's homophobic in any way though, guys and girls are both capable of performing fellatio.

Take the quote however you wish....it doesn't make this album less terrible in any way

[edit]

I guess I got excited and forgot to answer your questions (that were written with poor use of grammar and spelling).

Q1. How does an album "chugs dick"?

A1. An album is physically incapable of performing this act....it was indeed my poor attempt at expressing my discontent with this album. I honestly don't understand how anybody found this album the least bit enjoyable....the lyrics are quite terrible, the "music" is less than inspired...and over all I found it quite a weak and terrible attempt for this band that I used to enjoy.

Q2. Whats will the homophobia? (perhaps you meant, "What's with the homophobia?")

A2. I didn't know this would be considered "homophobia"...I certainly don't recall stating, "This album is assumes the role of the male gender and is performing gay fellatio upon multiple men simultaneously and it frightens me"....if anything the name of the album, "Daisy", would refer to it's gender being female (assuming we are indeed assigning gender roles to an album now) and I've yet to meet anybody of the male gender that was given the name "Daisy" by his parents or prefers to be called "Daisy"....though I'm sure a quick google search would certainly prove me wrong on that. At any rate, my comment was in no way intended to be "homophobic" just my hyperbolic way of stating my displeasure that this album brought to my ears.

I do appreciate that your mind immediately jumps to the wrong conclusion by assuming I was implying homophobic undertones with my comment(s) though.

I am from the south, that's true, and we/I sure do hate "The Gays" "The Blacks" and "The Mexicans"....there's no such thing as free thought down here, every single one of us is exactly the same. We all still use horse and buggies to move between towns on trodden dirt roads. Nobody here owns a pair of shoes. Indoor plumbing still doesn't exist down here (it get's bothersome in the summer heat or the winter cold). I'm not even sure how I'm typing this right now, we sure as fuck don't have computers or the internet down here (must be magic, graced upon us by our great lord and savior Jesus Christ). We all believe (including the women) that no women shouldn't be allowed to work outside of the house either......

I don't know what sarcasm is either...

In short, Fuck off with assuming I'm being homophobic because I made a dick joke.

Actually, you were referring to the album being terrible, and that chugging dick(s) is a terrible thing to do. So I guess you were right when I assumed you meant just gays, when in fact you meant women as well. You say "I honestly don't understand how anybody found this album the least bit enjoyable", yet many people in this thread have said they find it enjoyable. Could it be that people have different tastes than you, that your opinion isnt the be all, end all? You certainly imply that it is, as just because it is terrible in your eyes and so far from any enjoyable thing human as known. I guess we should just nevermind the fact that others have posted lyrics they enjoyed while others state they enjoy the aggresive nature of the music.

In short, dont make a gay joke and then try to blow it off as a dick joke when someone calls you on it. At least own up to that shit. Nothing is worse than not standing behind what you say/believe.

p.s. Show me the spelling errors. I see numerous gramatical errors I made, but every word is spelled correctly.

p.p.s. Nice "no free thought" joke you made, while posting above that you cant fathom how someone could enjoy something you hate.

Actually, you were referring to the album being terrible, and that chugging dick(s) is a terrible thing to do. So I guess you were right when I assumed you meant just gays, when in fact you meant women as well. You say "I honestly don't understand how anybody found this album the least bit enjoyable", yet many people in this thread have said they find it enjoyable. Could it be that people have different tastes than you, that your opinion isnt the be all, end all? You certainly imply that it is, as just because it is terrible in your eyes and so far from any enjoyable thing human as known. I guess we should just nevermind the fact that others have posted lyrics they enjoyed while others state they enjoy the aggresive nature of the music.

In short, dont make a gay joke and then try to blow it off as a dick joke when someone calls you on it. At least own up to that shit. Nothing is worse than not standing behind what you say/believe.

p.s. Show me the spelling errors. I see numerous gramatical errors I made, but every word is spelled correctly.

p.p.s. Nice "no free thought" joke you made, while posting above that you cant fathom how someone could enjoy something you hate.

cool story. I do stand behind what I said....if you want to take it as a Gay reference, by all means, hate me for it....it was in no way intended to be a gay-bashing joke, nor was it meant to degrade women either.

If you're offended, be offended. We can argue all day and night until our fingers fall off from typing like maniacs. The album is still horrible. I answered the OP's question....No, No We (we as a whole....b/c I would consider myself part of the whole) Are Not Collectively Over The Whole "Daisy Sucks" thing yet (Sucks.......OP's word choice, not mine....was he/she burned at the stakes for using such an outrageously offensive and obvious gay reference???[due take note of the sarcasm]). I guess maybe I got too graphic with how much this album "Sucks" for you guys and girls to handle. Get over it, Fuck Off, and quit accusing me of "Gay-Bashing" and consequently blaming it on "Southern Ignorance".

I understand that my opinion isn't the end-all-be-all of opinions and isn't shared by most people that have contributed to this thread....but I am honest when I say, "I can't fathom how anybody enjoyed this album"....I also can't fathom how people enjoy Creed, Nickleback, and Dave Matthews, (no, I'm not comparing this album to that garbage) but they all seem to have a decent legion of fans behind them. This album in no way felt/sounded like a logical progression from their previous material...it felt/sounded extremely forced and not very cohesive to me.

how do you chug a dick? i like to picture 30 little bite-size dicks jammed into a 20 oz soda bottle... ramming that shit back with each "chug" signifying a little dick (or maybe two, depending on your "skillz") slithering down your throat hole, with a group of white college kids with upside down visors chanting "CHUG. THOSE. DICKS. CHUG. THOSE. DICKS."