PO: Counting Crows - August & Everything After

You guys are nuts. Counting Crows are in my top 3 bands ever, and I almost exclusively listen to their live records. I would rather have this than the studio version to be honest.

Listen to this record if you haven't heard it.

I agree. They are a band held back by the studio. Their music was meant to be heard live. I like going to a show and it's not like listening to a cd cover to cover. Why even go to the show.

You guys are nuts. Counting Crows are in my top 3 bands ever, and I almost exclusively listen to their live records. I would rather have this than the studio version to be honest.

i don't doubt that this records is good...but i, like everyone else that post above, have been waiting for a repress of the studio album because it's so rare...the thread title just let me down alittle because i thought it was for the studio repress...

i don't doubt that this records is good...but i, like everyone else that post above, have been waiting for a repress of the studio album because it's so rare...the thread title just let me down alittle because i thought it was for the studio repress...

Oh no, I completely understand that, and the price sucks too, but I urge anyone who likes the record to check this out because it's awesome. I want the studio version on vinyl as well!

The live album IS a great record, but to say they are "held back by the studio" isn't really accurate. Most people looking at this thread have loved every note of music on August and Everything After for almost twenty years. It's almost a perfect record.

I love every note of that record too, but the live version really offers something more. They're nearly perfect recorded, but they really bring the live versions to a new level.

Everyone should check out New Amsterdam Live at Heineken Music Hall. I've probably listened to that record over 1,000 times.