Purple Rain transparent vinyl

I know I've seen a couple people mention having this album. I bought one a few days ago for $2 from the Salvation Army. I checked the condition in the store and it looked black but when I got it home and went to clean it, I realized it was that cheap transparent black that some vinyl got pressed on back then. It looks smokey and awesome!

Anyone else have a copy that looks like this?

[image]

[image]

When you can see through vinyl like that, it's usually considered virgin vinyl and certainly not cheaper than normal.

Is it really that clear when held up to light? They're usually still a dark brown color. I'll check my copies tonight if I think of it.

Purple Rain is one of the best albums ever.

When you can see through vinyl like that, it's usually considered virgin vinyl and certainly not cheaper than normal.

Is it really that clear when held up to light? They're usually still a dark brown color. I'll check my copies tonight if I think of it.

Purple Rain is one of the best albums ever.

Oh, I always thought those were the cheaper ones. Well, I was going to say it sounded great.

It really is that clear. I know the ones you mean that are kind of dark brown. I've had a couple of those before, but this is really clear. Fuckin score. Smokey clear vinyl, poster has no pin holes, still has the shrink with the big advertising sticker on it.

interesting to know about the virgin vinyl. i did not know when it is somewhat transparent it is a sign of the quality of vinyl used.

and off topic but,

i got beer all over my copy last weekend.it seemed only appropriate to play this while engaging in a threesome. it settles the mood well

sorry but your avatar always makes me lol.