Hey Travis (RE:Finch WIITB)

Hey Krust. This does not deserve it's own thread. It's bad enough how people use travis as a question/answer service in other threads, but now you've gone and opened up a whole thread (a stupid one at that) just to bug the fuck out of him. goddamn dude.

My bad. Im new at collecting, and even newer to the board, so i cant tell you how much i appreciate you taking the time out of your day to rip on me and my post, which judging from what you wrote, doesnt really apply to you. Travis has been really cool on this board so far, so i thought if anyone was gonna get pissed or blow a gasket...i thought it would be him. So i extend my most sincere apologies. goddamn dude.

Really, dude? Really? I don't care how new you are here. Send Travis a PM, man.

You buy the first 250, I'll buy the other 250.

Looks more like we might have to kick it up to a 750/750 split huh?

The reason i thought it was possible was because finch was also on Drive Thru at the time of release, as was Nothing Gold By NFG (which the repress i thought was HT Exclusive). Finch got bumped over to MCA or Geffen for SHTS when Universal started restructuring labels.

Personally, i dont think SHTS would sell either. Id buy it, but im one of the few who LOVED this cd, while everyone else got mad because they wanted a WIITB 2 instead. IMO, Musically its better, just not as catchy and hooky as the first, and thats what infuriated everyone

I really want to hear Sunshine on record... it just needs some breathing room to shine. The CD honestly is very compressed/limited/mastered to be very loud.

And I would totally pay a ridiculous amount to see this pressed.

And What it is... totally needs a decent new pressing with title track (both versions preferably). I can't help but hear something is awry about the OG copy. I mean it's not bad... but it's not spectacular either.

The reason i thought it was possible was because finch was also on Drive Thru at the time of release, as was Nothing Gold By NFG (which the repress i thought was HT Exclusive). Finch got bumped over to MCA or Geffen for SHTS when Universal started restructuring labels.

WIITB did so well on drive thru that geffen quickly took it and rereleased it shortly after DTR originally released it. However at that time vinyl was not a large enough market and Geffen never pressed it. Since they sold it to Geffen, DTR could no longer press it either. I believe this is why it would be difficult to get it licensed for a repress and require so many copies for it to even be considered.

background info: you may recall the two different versions of the album's title track. The first pressing of the album on DTR contained a demo version of "What It Is to Burn"—which was originally on the compilation album Welcome to the Family (2001)—instead of the re-recorded version that was on later Geffen pressings.

the second (and poorer, in my opinion) version of the song was a completely rerecorded version and was chosen as the album's lead-off single for the geffen reissue.

obviously all the fucks on eBay that pay a fortune for the original WIITB pressing want this and I'd say easily more than 1000 copies would sell, especially if it was pressed right and didn't have the fade out.

and the demo version is so much damn better, the super slick redo makes me wish it didn't exist.

My bad. Im new at collecting, and even newer to the board, so i cant tell you how much i appreciate you taking the time out of your day to rip on me and my post, which judging from what you wrote, doesnt really apply to you. Travis has been really cool on this board so far, so i thought if anyone was gonna get pissed or blow a gasket...i thought it would be him. So i extend my most sincere apologies. goddamn dude.

Really, dude? Really? I don't care how new you are here. Send Travis a PM, man.

I hope you guys that are trolling this dude are just being sarcastic, because if not you really need to get some air. It's a message board...with threads in it...about records. Chill out stop speaking for Travis, there is no way threads like this upset him in any way.

i just got a copy of this in, and im happy as hell with it, but wtf is with "what it is to burn?" only 10 seconds of it? thats not even enough to get me hard. this shit NEEDS to be re-pressed with the legit version. bump for travis... i dont even care

wait.... the orig press doesn't even have a full version of the title track?? is this seriously for real?

glad i'm hearing this now, and if someone can verify it's really true i'll definitely stop waiting for a decent priced one to come along and just hope for a repress like everyone else...

what a bummer (if it's true)

it's already a 2xLP. if they actually included the full version of What It Is To Burn they'd have to do a 3xLP or something, wouldn't they?

There's plenty of room. Side B or C has way too much extra space. Also the transition from 'three simple words' to 'ender' is broken cuz you have to flip sides.

Also, can someone set the record straight on pressing info? Apparently there are 3 different pressings, and only the first 1000 on trans red / trans green are legit?