What Hip Hop artists have you been spinning?

Lupe Fiasco always.

Also, check out my friend d.o.n. (his real name is Don too). He's one of the smartest rappers I've ever heard. I wish he could get noticed. He's been doing indie stuff on the side while raising a family for many years. Listen to him

http://soundcloud.com/d-o-n/02-brand-new-day

http://soundcloud.com/d-o-n

I've seen and taped Grieves and he's not bad (with Mr. Lif & Willie Evans Jr. (Asamov))

But lately a couple compilations on rotation: One Big Trip (Heiroglyphics/Del heavy with some Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Dan the Automator) & Quannum Presents (DJ Shadow, Blackalicious, Latyrx J5)

And I'm waiting on an order from UGHH.com with Quakers (Geoff Barrows from Portishead plus about 30 emcees), Pharcyde and 14KT (a DJ from Ann Arbor crew Athletic Mic League)

Deltron 3030's second LP should be coming out this month last I heard.

Guest thankyoubasedgod

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ry6s993l]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ry6s993l]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I just got done listening to lifestyles ov da poor & famous by big L such a classic.

gang star, wu tang,big pun,bone, talib kweli (reflection eternal especially) is stuff i've been rocking as of late

I grew up on nothing but hip hop/rap, and didn't start listening to other types of music until I was 17 (I was into Dookie when it was released, but that's it).

Big Pun is definitely one of the most amazing lyricists that ever lived. The only current hip hop artist I've liked is Immortal Technique and Slaughter Rico, but I haven't bothered to really search since 50 Cent sold out.

same here man i was into nothing but hip hop until i was like 19 or 20 and pun remained one of my favorites such a beast. if you look at videos on youtube shit has gotten crazy now how everything has shifted. like there are allot of rappers i.e.; dmx,sticky fingas,ect that are indie and fed up with the b/s going on with mainstream rap/hip hop. there are feuds left & right now it seems like everyones beefing at any moment now. Nas is definitely back though and common has been bringing it too. i think allot of the old school heads are getting highly fed up with the current state of the music.

a ton of Jurassic Five, Madlib, MF Doom, Talib Kweli, Del The Funky Homosapien (update yr grey matter cos one day it may matter...) Aesop Rock, The (early) Roots, etc - you know, the usual 'conscious hip hop' subjects. Oh, and comps off of Chocolate Industries as well. Lib's Medicine Show comps are mindblowing for real, same with pretty much everything he does on Stones Throw including collaborating to put out the Minimal Wave Tapes comp and the Fela Kuti 4x10" box set.