San Diego

If I go to SD I always drive immediately south to Taco's El Gordo in Chula Vista. Maybe my favorite taco spot. I like Pokez as well, opinions are a bit split, but they have a lot of good veg/vegan options so that would be a spot to hit for sure.

I think I went to M-Theory and bought some vinyl while I was there, which was alright. There was a couple crummy chain stores in the mall that had vinyl and I actually found a few things there as well. Lou's records is about 30 minutes North (in Encinitas) if you want a little scenic trip. If you go to Encinitas, eat at Honey's.

Toronado, Stone Brew, Ballast Point, Pizza Port, taco shops. Nothing else is necessary.

While those places are nice, there is much more to visit thus you are wrong.

Look up places like Monkey Paw, Tiger Tiger, the Regal Beagle and Hamiltons for fun beer bars. There are ALOT of breweries in San Diego that are fun. Green Flash is really cool too. Lots of good beer there.

Food wise? Tacos El Gordo is really good and very close to authentic. Don't bother with Lucha Libre taco shop unless you want to wait in a long line. Most taco shops you go to will have a very similar menu so many are interchangeable. Make sure you get a California burrito while you are here.

Unless you are looking for drunk 21-year old sorority girls or to get into a fight, avoid Pacific Beach like the plague. Especially PB Bar & Grill.

Touristy stuff could include going to a Padres game. going to Balboa Park and checking out the various museums there.

As far as venues, here are a list of some of my favorites:

Che Cafe

The Casbah

Bar Eleven

Soda Bar

There's a lot to do, depending on where you are staying.

Sorry to thread jack here but I am heading to SD tomorrow to see Thrice. I am going to head there early, and was wondering if any of you had parking suggestions for me. Somewhere I could leave my car for probably 12 hours or so with no trouble and is close to the House of Blues? Thanks!

Haven't been there in years and the last time I didn't drive so I wasn't paying attention.