Riot Fest Chicago 2012

I grabbed a pair of the 2 day passes. Figured why not at $36 can't really pass that up. I doubt I'd be interested in who ever is playing at the congress on Friday. Plus an outdoor festival in September seems like it could be fun. Glad they're switching it up this year and doing it this way.

Waiting for the rest of the headliners before deciding, it's sort of 50% shit and 50% good, how is ADTR listed higher than JAMC

How is anyone listed higher than Slapstick? IMO, thats the biggest news of the day, regardless of the fest. All my buddies have been texting me about them reuniting yet mentioning nothing about the rest of the fest.

With as tall and intimidating as Scott looks (without talking to him because he's super nice), he wouldn't be able to convince anyone that he NEEDS a security guard.

ANd this is after watching him watch over the pit at that Touche Amore show in Rockford.

Crazy.

Haha, that sure was an experience! I've broken up many an idiotic kung-fu pit just by standing in the center of it.

Waiting for the rest of the headliners before deciding, it's sort of 50% shit and 50% good, how is ADTR listed higher than JAMC

How is anyone listed higher than Slapstick? IMO, thats the biggest news of the day, regardless of the fest. All my buddies have been texting me about them reuniting yet mentioning nothing about the rest of the fest.

they did play Asian man 15 year anniversary last year.

they did play Asian man 15 year anniversary last year.

Yeah in California. Doesnt count. This is a hometown reunion show. I hope to god either The Broadways or the Blue Meanies do one of the secret shows. That would be the icing on the cake, IMO.

I grabbed a pair of the 2 day passes. Figured why not at $36 can't really pass that up. I doubt I'd be interested in who ever is playing at the congress on Friday. Plus an outdoor festival in September seems like it could be fun. Glad they're switching it up this year and doing it this way.

A bit bummed that by not going to the Congress, I'll probably be missing out on The Stooges and The Descendents, but (since they're in smaller font, thus 'lower priority') the price is worth it alone just for TJAMC, Nobunny, Less Than Jake, White Mystery, The Promise Ring and Rev. Horton Heat

A bit bummed that by not going to the Congress, I'll probably be missing out on The Stooges and The Descendents, but (since they're in smaller font, thus 'lower priority') the price is worth it alone just for TJAMC, Nobunny, Less Than Jake, White Mystery, The Promise Ring and Rev. Horton Heat

I have a feeling youll be missing the Offspring, which i have 0 interest in seeing if thats the case. I hope they hide them in the outdoor festivities so Ill have other options instead.

Eh, no interest in the Offspring whatsoever - of the major headlining bands, those two that I listed were the only ones that had my interest - all of the lesser tiered acts are the ones I want to see. And truthfully, one can barely find the luck to see The Jesus and Mary Chain for $36, so everything is just icing.

I just figured the congress was going to be like Rise Against and The Offspring, which I don't have any interested in seeing either.

What u dont want to see that he performing as a she? Haha

Punk rock RuPaul anyone? Should at least be interesting to witness.

Sick burn bro...?

But Laura Grace (Tom Gabel) is in Against Me! not Rise Against. Although perhaps creation of new supergroup Rise Against Me!

This. Will skip the congress but thinking the two days at Humboldt Park are a go since that park is literally seven minutes walking from my place. I'd like to know who is plwying on what day though, would be bummed if the Stooges were playing the congress show.

Kelsea and I will have to base our visit around this :P

I got my ticket here: https://www.fanfound.com/ $36 for the two day. no fees. Anyone use this site before?

Groupon had a deal for a very limited amount of the 2 day pass for $22 early yesterday which sold out pretty quick

Despite being a regular groupon user the shit I really want usually sells out before I see it. Fan Found sent me pdf tickets already so it seems good so far.

Okay, the following bands have posted about which shows they're playing on FB/Twitter (or they have conflicting shows on two out of the three Riot Fest days):

9/14

No one confirmed yet, but rumors are saying it'll be Descendents, Slapstick and Less Than Jake

9/15

Rise Against

9/16

A Day To Remember

Gogol Bordello

Built To Spill

Reverend Horton Heat

Sister Crayon