Riot Fest Chicago 2012

Andrew is doing full band stuff unless it specifically states it's a solo show, which I think some of the RFs around the country are him solo. Chicago is full band.

but yeah, legal shit enveloped the party, and he had to do solo shows, motivational speaking, and guest spots and producing other people's stuff.

Toronto is billed as a special Solo performance.

Yeah, every online music blog/news site seems to be giving away tickets to Riotfest. They were even a Groupon earlier in the week.

Solo show = horrible. He was in Toronto a couple years ago for an Edge event and they booked him and his solo show and it was just horrible.

The groupon was kinda balls. There was one that was a pair of tickets for $40. I paid $100 for my girlfriend and I's tickets. So pissed should have waited.

whats the solo show like? is it like some one asked above, just karaoke? hes listed as a solo show in dallas too. its kind of a bummer that you say its so terrible... luckily i saw him at SXSW as a full band and it was incredible. so ive seen it before.

what kind of legal issues did he get in trouble with that allows him to perform solo but not with a full band?

The solo show was AWK and a keyboard with everything else piped through the speakers. A bald guy with camo pants came out and did the growling. It was oddly mesmorizing, but it was my first "band" of the day. Everyone else was far and away better.

TLA were great, baiting the crowd and playing a solid set.

Tons of people cleared out after NOFX. They only played one new song, but didn't play the song that almost got them banned from Canada....

Sadly. The Descendents played to probably 2/3s - 1/2 of the audience NOFX did

Oh, and I got a VIP ticket...worth it for the quality of toilets alone. Longest line was about 10 people.

someone convince me to go, because the girl just figured out how fucked her ex/baby daddy can be and ruined her chances of going. also, her "friend" was holding her ticket hostage anyway. and the PR we were applying with trying to get photo passes through also have not been able to give us a straight answer for working the show. pretty sure that clock has run out of time.

I'm essentially going solo, if I don't just sell my 2 day pass. help! I need someone to make me go tomorrow after work.