Riot Fest Chicago 2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen an early version of the schedule—the only brutal conflict I saw was Andrew W.K. vs Minus The Bear vs. Teenage Bottlerocket. Everything else looks pretty evenly distributed.

Ehh would have liked to see all three but it'll be MTB for sure. Seen AWK and TBR haven't impressed me lately.

Ehh would have liked to see all three but it'll be MTB for sure. Seen AWK and TBR haven't impressed me lately.

I saw TBR a couple weekends ago and they really stepped up their live show. I've always been pissed that they're generally a pretty weak live band. But they've added some things to their set that make them pretty damn good.

I've seen an early version of the schedule—the only brutal conflict I saw was Andrew W.K. vs Minus The Bear vs. Teenage Bottlerocket. Everything else looks pretty evenly distributed.

So really not all that brutal. Andrew W.K. for a few songs and then Teenage Bottlerocket for a few. I never want to see Minus the Bear.

Stoked I managed to grab Promise Ring tickets for the Sat night too. Wish they'd sort out my press accreditation already though, shit's getting a bit tight.

I'll be at that Promise Ring show too. And good luck on the credentials. The hosts seem to have bit off way more than they can chew.

Unless you're a major MTB fan, I'd recommend AWK. If you're in Chicago, TBR are playing at Subterranean in October, and you can see them play a headlining set, rather than a festival set that'd probably be shorter.

And I love seeing AWK live. I mean, shit, I saw him on back to back nights on the I Get Wet 10th anniversary tour, and saw him do a JBTV taping the afternoon of the second night.

As this gets closer, I'm getting more stoked. Cesar is staying with us and he flies in on Tuesday, so there'll be a few days to show him the city before RF starts up. It's also a relief that HP is literally seven minutes walking from my house, so it won't be a rush to get there - seeing Jesus and Mary Chain and The Stooges will be the high lights of my weekend!