• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7"s are the shit. Always been my favorite. So many albums have a lot of filler on them. The 7" is the perfect way to get out 3 or 4 songs. They are also perfect for people like me who have fairly low attention spans.

On the price, well I think $5 to $7 is reasonable. I mean a pack of smokes costs $4 to $8 now.

If the packaging is nice maybe more. People who are putting a lot of time into silk screening the covers or something deserve more $ for their product.

Oh, good one! You got me so good...man, I will never recover from that. I guess I need to make a thread about how to delete my user id before I delete my account.

Edit: I was going to look through your posts to see where the beef came from, but then I realized I just didn't care that much.

Oh ok...gotcha. For the record, you initiated this whole exchange, so obviously YOU take it more seriously than I do. I don't think about you or have an opinion about you at all.

Oh ok...gotcha. For the record, you initiated this whole exchange, so obviously YOU take it more seriously than I do. I don't think about you or have an opinion about you at all.

[image]

Guest beejayz

ill have some but mainly just for collectional purposes. they used to be a great way to release album b-sides in the past but with digital download these days, its not as important anymore but still nice to have, especially for your favorite bands.

Truth! Folks who limit themselves only to LP's are missing out on a helluva lot! The 'label' I'm starting up is going to be devoted entirely to 45's (that's right, I'm taking it a step farther and requiring adapters to be on hand!), so obviously I love the smaller format.
I've never understood the large hole. Just makes a format that's already kind of a pain in the ass a little more annoying by adding another unneeded step.

I dunno, maybe I'm just pissed because I lost my turntables built in adaptor. Whats the benefit in it?

I dunno, maybe I'm just pissed because I lost my turntables built in adaptor. Whats the benefit in it?

Slightly lower production cost mainly, as well as the aesthetic value and the ability to hold the record in a less inconvenient way.

By the way, if you have a local shop, they probably have adapters on the cheap. If not, they are pretty cheap on ebay, or you could PM me your address and I will just send you one.

Basically what Santiago just said. Plus, a good dependable adapter (i.e. not the cheap 25 cent ones you have to stick into the record) is only a couple of bucks. For the N&B label, I'm wanting to invoke the feel of old singles ala Stax, Motown, Casablanca, etc so we're gonna be putting them in plain paper sleeves that have been silk screened with art to make the release stand out as belonging to the label's stable.

Truth! Folks who limit themselves only to LP's are missing out on a helluva lot! The 'label' I'm starting up is going to be devoted entirely to 45's (that's right, I'm taking it a step farther and requiring adapters to be on hand!), so obviously I love the smaller format.

This reminds me that a lot of people hate 10"s as well. It's weird to me. How can you be into buying record and not love playing 7"s?

This reminds me that a lot of people hate 10"s as well. It's weird to me. How can you be into buying record and not love playing 7"s?

I am pretty sure I listen to my 7"s more than any of my LPs.