E32012 Discussion Thread (includes conference schedule and stream links)

And in a twist that may surprise long-time fans of the franchise, SimCity is designed solely to be a multiplayer game, meaning that solo play isn't really possible beyond a short offline session. With that comes some news that may be hard to swallow for series fans: You cannot build a city, tear it down and then start all over with a new one. This means that you're stuck with the one city you started with.

Nevermind. The entire paragraph was removed from his preview, so maybe it's not true.

And in a twist that may surprise long-time fans of the franchise, SimCity is designed solely to be a multiplayer game, meaning that solo play isn't really possible beyond a short offline session. This is a SimCity for the online generation, after all. It's exciting to think about how one's city can play a bigger role in the Sim world, and how every little decision they make has the possibility of changing how others will play. At its core is the same city-making sandbox we've all come to love, but the foundations have been retooled to make a sim game that looks to be bigger, deeper and more connected than ever.

Yeah it's been completely removed and changed. At least we can start over but it still looks like it will be a mostly multiplayer game

That's weird - I would imagine it was misinformation or EA PR is doing very quick damage control

As for Sony's conference... holy fuckin' boring Batman. I'm glad I dumped my PS3 earlier this year, there is NOTHING to look forward too. I will admit that The Last of Us looks good, but its not a game i'd ever enjoy. Then there is Playstation AllStars which is a sad, blatant rip off of Smash Brothers - right down to art style.

Very disappointing.