PO: Duck. Little Brother, Duck! - "Don't Take Our Filth Away"

http://topshelfrecords.bigcartel.com/product/duck-little-brother-duck-don-t-take-our-filth-away-vinyl-lp

Two years later, Duck. Little Brother, Duck! have done it again. Don't Take Our Filth Away is the mind-scrambling follow-up LP to their first release Survival Is Not A Workout. This record was self-recorded and mastered by Carl Saff. The record will be released July 3, 2012.

1) 32 Seconds

2) Everybody Loves Screamo

3) If I Didn't Have My Press Badge

4) I Would Have Been Deported

5) OMGMT

6) Flashes Of Quincy

7) I'm Just Happy to be Around So Many Docks

8) Calvin Young

9) JYRNX

10 Anarchy Will Make You Pay Five Dollars At The Door

Clear w/ Black Splatter /100

White & Purple Marble /150

Light Blue Marble /250

I love Topshelf and a lot of their bands, but I'm not 100% sure if I like these guys or not. There are a lot of "parts of songs" that I think are cool, and they've got some great ideas, but they're a little bit sloppy (which is totally just an opinion). Some people are into that raw less produced sound, and I like that to an extenet. I think I just need to hear a few tracks off this new album before I put in an order; but I'm definitely interested to see where their sophomore release takes them.

this record is so awesome, can't stop playing it. ordered the white/purple marble. Topshelf is killing it this year with new releases. Love the new Prawn EP as well.

I can't fucking wait to hear the new Prawn. You Can Just Leave It All was one of my favorite albums of last year.

VERY very stoked to hear this album. we got to book them for this place I volunteer at this month and i'm super looking forward to that

If I've learned

Topshelf is on fire....NBA Jam style

they have LLBL, Slingshot, Sirs, Pswingset, and many more.... ( ON FIRREEEEEE + NAIL N DA COFFFFIINNN)

getting way too stoked for all the releases this year, Tiny Engines is another label to be on the look for!

Tiny Engines is on a roll. It's crazy. The new Best Practices, Red Collar & State Lines are all fantastic. It took me some to get used to them but I'm digging State Faults now too.

As for these guys, I liked the song posted. And if I've learned anything as of late it's that if I'm on the fence about a Topshelf band, I may as well order it because I'll be wishing I had in about a month anyway.

The band's also headed on tour soon! They won't have copies of the record for the beginning of the tour, but will get them sometime midway through. Dates're below. <opinion>These dudes are SUPER fucking talented and NOT to be missed live.</opinion>

*** = Date with Octaves

6/20 – Portland, OR @ TBA w/ Lee Corey Oswald, Pardee Shorts +1 more

6/21 – Fresno, CA @ C.A.F.E. Infoshop w/ The Milford Higgins

6/22 – Riverside, CA @ Blood Orange Info Shop w/ Caclulator

6/23 – Las Vegas, NV @ Zia Records w/ Caravels and Lester Freamon

6/24 – Santa Fe, NM @ Betterday Coffee w/ As In We

6/25 – Denton, TX w/ Innards, Sohns and Slingshot Dakota

6/26 – Austin, TX @ Red 7 w/ Sohns

6/27 – New Orleans, LA @ Siberia w/ High In One Eye

6/28 – Tallahassee, FL @ St. Michaels Pub

6/29 – Orlando, FL @ Will’s Pub w/ Flashlights

6/30 – Athens, GA @ The Globe w/ Nurture

7/1 – Nashville, TN @ Cafe Coco w/ Gnarwhal

7/2 – TBA

7/3 – Roanoke, VA @ TBA

***7/5 – Baltimore, MD @ The Ottobar w/ Octaves

***7/6 – New Brunswick, NJ @ The Chocolate Factory w/

***7/7 – Danbury, CT @ Heirloom Arts Theater w/ Fugue and Suns

***7/8 – Willimantic, CT @ The Handsome Woman w/ Fugue

***7/9 – Boston, MA @ The Wacky Kastle w/ Fugue

***7/10 – Portland, ME @ Poland Street House w/

***7/11 – Plattsburgh, NY @ ROTA Gallery

***7/12 – Montreal, QC @ L'Absynthe w/

***7/13 – Toronto, ON @ The Garage w/ Animal Faces

***7/14 – Grand Rapids, MI @ DAAC w/ You Blew It!

***7/15 –Kalamazoo, MI @ The Milhouse w/ The Reptilian and William Bonney

***7/16 – Chicago, IL @ Swerp Mansion w/ My Dads and Spanyurd

7/17 – Louisville KY @ The Chestnut House w/

7/18 – Kansas City, MI @ TBA

7/19 – Denver, CO @ Blast-O-Mat w/ Orphans

7/20 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Shred Shed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Which one? I got my Sirs dl and it said it was shipping around the 13th. I never even got a dl for Duck...

I only ordered Duck and that's what it said in my email

"If you ordered an actual, physical record and not just a download: relax. This is just a courtesy download of the album to hold you over until you get the real thing (you're welcome!).

---------------------------------------------

Also, there's been a slight delay on the vinyl. We expect records to arrive in our hands on July 15 and they'll begin shipping out to you immediately after that date. If anything changes, we'll keep you updated. Thanks for understanding!

---------------------------------------------

Lastly, since you ordered this, you're most likely a fan of the band and would maybe like to see them live? Welllll, they're currently in the midst of a full US tour, so please do if you get the chance! Dates are here: http://topshelfrecords.tumblr.com/post/25600600688/duck-little-brother-duck-us-tour-dates"

so hopefully we get them soon

i'm pretty sure I got an email a while back that said these were delayed. I expected them in early-aug and that time hasn't arrived yet, so.. we're on course!

This. The pressing plant is sooo behind on this, guys. We're really sorry. We still don't even have the records ourselves yet. We'll keep you posted!