Ultimate Warrior 5-color Screen Printed 18x24 posters!

7184161697_2b067e0354_c.jpg

My friend Adam Hunt (of Graf Orlock) and I are doing a series of screen printed wrestling posters. He is doing the art & I'm doing the printing / concept. Our first one is of the Ultimate Warrior and I just put it up in our webstore for sale, it's only $15. Spread the word and pick one up if you like it!

Here is the link to purchase:

http://acityinside.s...-printed-poster

Definitely interested, depending on which wrestlers are coming next.

EDIT: Dang, looks like D. Bry is coming next? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Sports entertainment.

the irony is that back in his day, it was very campy/gimmick-heavy but it was before it was ever really acknowledged that it was fake / predetermined / whatever. so you had a guy like the warrior running around in facepaint, talking about drawing on powers from skeletons or what have you while presenting it as a legitimate "sport." now, its the other way around. gimmick-lite and they couldnt be more open to the fact that its simply entertainment. i guess maybe thats the necessary balance for people to suspend their disbelief for a couple hours but it feels like it would be more appropriate for wrestling to be campy / gimmick heavy now than before since the whole world is clued in anyway.

the irony is that back in his day, it was very campy/gimmick-heavy but it was before it was ever really acknowledged that it was fake / predetermined / whatever. so you had a guy like the warrior running around in facepaint, talking about drawing on powers from skeletons or what have you while presenting it as a legitimate "sport." now, its the other way around. gimmick-lite and they couldnt be more open to the fact that its simply entertainment. i guess maybe thats the necessary balance for people to suspend their disbelief for a couple hours but it feels like it would be more appropriate for wrestling to be campy / gimmick heavy now than before since the whole world is clued in anyway.

Well, looking back at that period the writers gave everyone a career to build off of. The only two that really came out of that era (error?) were the Undertaker and HHH. It's weird to look back and think that the Undertaker came out of the same class of wrestling gimmick as The Repo Man, Irwin R Shyster, Issaac Yankem and those wrestling garbage men. Triple-H was supposed to just be a rich brat who didn't need to work.

Anyway, I know many have fond memories of the Warrior but the guy was a truly terrible wrestler who ran up the ladder to the Main Event without deserving the push.

If this print had been Jake The Snake turning heal and having a cobra bite the Warrior? That I would have bought. The Warrior's spots with Jake Roberts trying to find his inner- who-knows-what are some of the funniest pieces WWF ever did.