oh mcdonald's

Guest realtalk

If what I read was true, McDonald's beef is actually cleaner than what we get in the grocery store.

In regards to the non-decomposition of some McDonald's food? If molds and bacteria won't eat it... I will! :blink:

All resturants do this. They want their food to look delicious not shitty like it was put together by a stoned 16 year old.

thats the direction i thought this thing was going in.

i must admit, my love for mcdonalds is undying.

They actually do a good job at explaining why they look different and how when photographing for an ad they have a different set of considerations. Showcasing all the elements of a sandwich has a functional purpose.

A brand like McD could spend the time to make the product look more like the ads, by implementing rigid processes, but it probably really isn't a primary concern for there customers. For the consumer, speed of preparation is primary concern. I commend them for making and releasing this.

Guest realtalk

realtalk finds this interesting:

Excerpt from McDonald's 365black.com page titled "What Is 365 Black?" (underlining/bolding by realtalk):

"Like the unique African Baobab tree, which nourishes its community with its leaves and fruit, McDonald's has branched out to the African-American community nourishing it with valuable programs and opportunities."

McDonald's is associating themselves with a susceptible demographic, goodness and nature through heavy imagery and careful wording. This passage would have been an obvious, no-brainer opportunity for McDonald's to mention that their food is nourishing, if only it were. Probably will never hear them use the word nourishing in a food advertisement.