Yeah I'm not crazy about it either. Better than nothing. LOL @ anyone who thinks this is a universal healthcare provision.

Also LMAO @ this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-moving-to-canada-because-of-obamacare

Best part of that link is that it lead me here

http://www.buzzfeed.com/provincialelitist/kate-upton-jiggly-bikini-gifs-to-brighten-your-day?s=mobile

My outcomes, ranked in reverse...

5. Individual mandate struck down, but the rest of the law is upheld. This happened in numerous states since the early '90s (Washingon state is the best example) and they got super-fucked. People didn't need to be covered, so they didn't, then only sick people remained on health insurance, bringing premiums up like crazy, then no one could afford it, and literally no one could buy insurance in the state because no one was selling it anymore.

4. ACA struck down, nothing done. Costs continue to spiral out of control.

3. ACA struck down, replaced (eventually) with some free-market GOP plan.

2. ACA upheld as is.

1. ACA struck down, replaced with single-payer.

it's too bad there's a thread about this

also, it doesn't go into effect until 2014

The Affordable Healthcare Act went into effect the day it was signed. portions of the Act go into effect every year, with the mandated healthcare coverage going into effect 1/1/14. just so you dont confuse anyone with your post, were already living with this Act in effect.

I gotta be honest I could not be more excited they upheld the ruling. I'm a graduate student that works a shitty job to barely stay afloat and with out being able to stay on my parents insurance I wouldn't have any. Also being from Canada where I had universal health care and saw how well it worked its nice to see the US finally come into the 21st century where nearly every other country in the developed world has universal healthcare.

I gotta be honest I could not be more excited they upheld the ruling. I'm a graduate student that works a shitty job to barely stay afloat and with out being able to stay on my parents insurance I wouldn't have any. Also being from Canada where I had universal health care and saw how well it worked its nice to see the US finally come into the 21st century where nearly every other country in the developed world has universal healthcare.

thing is, come 1/1/14, insurance wont be free, everyone (individual/employer) will still have to pay for it, and not every coverage plan will be the same. so its not exactly like universal healthcare. my understanding is that there will still be cost difference in how much of a deductible you have and stuff like that.

thing is, come 1/1/14, insurance wont be free, everyone (individual/employer) will still have to pay for it, and not every coverage plan will be the same. so its not exactly like universal healthcare. my understanding is that there will still be cost difference in how much of a deductible you have and stuff like that.

Yeah there will be price differences, and the health care that I have is better than most because my parents work at a pharmaceutical company, however there will be a tax for not having health care which I feel will force most people to get health care and there for lead to a form of universal health care in the sense that everyone will have it, but it wont be universal healthcare as everyone will have different coverages/plan. I still think it's a step in the right direction especially considering the health problems this country faces what with all the obesity and people suffering from diabetes.

I personally think healthcare and politics can and should go hand in hand.

So healthcare + politics = taxes.

And immigration + politics = amnesty

The high court’s ruling leaves in place 21 tax increases in the health-care law costing more than $675 billion over the next 10 years, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. Of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, the panel said, including a “Cadillac tax” on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers, and an excise tax on medical device manufacturers.