UNREAL white whale vinyl finds at hastings today! (thrice and JEW content)

So I just got back from my local Hastings. They completely changed their record setup. Now they have these really nice black shelves and apparently they've started carrying USED records too--they were just mixed in with the normal stuff. Anyway, I found a few things that have been white whales for me and I just couldn't believe it. Thought I would share...

both.jpg

Futures was $12.99. The sleeve is really beat up--bad ring wear and corner dinged, but the records look perfect. I'm just happy to finally have a copy and sure beats paying the eBay premium.

futures.jpg

The second one is just ridiculous. Vheissu was only $14.99. The ONLY flaw (and it sucks) is that a hole was punched clear through the sleeve and insert in the top right corner. Otherwise, it's beautiful. I literally yelled when I uncovered this baby. I never thought I would have found something like that at my Hastings

thrice.jpg

bummer.jpg

So I ended up spending $30.29 on two epic releases. Pretty amazing day!

The hole means its probably a promo. I don't know how big of a run it was but it could be one of the best quality records from the press.

i would think that it would be through the barcode if it was a promo. it does sound fantastic though. i was kinda thinking it might be from HT when they used to punch those security devices through record sleeves.

nice finds duder. i love that feeling finding something rare like that

me too, it's the best. i feel like i need to be on "storage wars" now haha.

I had to look up what Hastings was. I wish we had something like that around here.

Nice finds, I haven't seen that jimmy eat world in quite awhile.

i don't know what i'd do without hastings. it's the closest thing to a record store i've got without driving an hour and a half to either dallas or austin. i've always scored great deals on movies and books--on movies they do B1G1 for a dollar on all used DVDs/blu-rays quite often and they sell all of their rentals too after a little while. pretty much $21 for 2 lightly used blu-rays. and on books they do 5 for $25 on all used books. it's a great store.

the only hastings i ever had in my life closed about 10 years ago, but it was only a few blocks from my house, so i would walk there all the time and buy tons of used cds for $3 or $4 each. they also had a neat $1 bin that had some cool stuff now and again. they didn't cary any vinyl tho.

My Hastings is the closest I come to a record store where I'm at too. Coolest things I've found are the first press of the deluxe version of OMNI long after it was out of print mispriced as the standard version (they had the standard version at the deluxe price point too) and the In Utero ORG remaster on colored vinyl long after it was out of print. Usually it's pretty overpriced, though. I think I'll take a trip out to mine tomorrow, though, and see what I can see in honor of this thread.

There's tons of promos out there that have drill holes rather than the other methods so I'm guessing it's a promo.

Good to see these records went to a cool boarder, hopefully you'll have more luck around there.

I ain't gonna lie, I don't listen to either band but I would have grabbed em in a heartbeat specifically to use as trade bait.

There's a Hastings about a mile or two from my house. I've never been because I was told the vinyl prices were ridiculously high. Maybe I'll buzz over there today.

some stuff is overpriced but not all--mostly major label releases/reissues. my local store does a good job of stocking saddle creek, sargent house, and TRL releases which i find odd. but they also have a billion adele records haha. the stuff i've been interested in there has been priced as fairly as other record stores i've been to (waterloo, good records). i just wish they did a better job of phasing stuff out. there are some records that have been sitting there for years--it would be nice if they'd clearance things out after a while like hot topic does.

i went back today to make sure i didn't miss anything. got a copy of the used s/t for $22 and taking back sunday "new again" for $5. i've never even heard the album, but i couldn't pass it up for that cheap.