MAN ADVICE

i have to work til around 930 tonight and have a shit ton of homework to do tonight, but she mentioned that she's going out to her regular monday night spot tonight and really wanted me to come out tonight, told her i would swing by to say hello and to get a hug which really made her happy. thinkin bout showin' up long enough to drink a red bull and chat for a few, then when i leave i may lay the smooch on her, that way if it's not appreciated it's not at my own place and i can bail with some grace, but if it is appreciated that will only leave her wanting more for tomorrow.  boom, pretty good idea right?

Totally have done the whole "I wanted to play it cool and wait but, didn't" line thing. The plan sounds simple enough though, always have exit plans.

I also had sex in a car for the first time since like high school, I really don't need to do that again for another 5 years.

fun in theory, not in practice

Holy shit, so I think my ex-wife was trying to hook up with me last night.  Jesus H Fuck.  She sent me a text while I was at work asking me to come meet her out for a drink to catch up before she moves cuz she has an interview in Colorado this week.  I told her I had plans, but would actually really like to meet up and I'd make it up to her.  She then proceeded to rip into me about how I'm probably going to go hang out with a girl, to which I told her I was and that if she'd like to talk about it in a mature manner I would love to.  She then proceeds to send me drunk texts throughout the night, like "I'm single, you're single", going into angrier territory like "whoever the girl you're with now isn't as cool as me and the only reason you don't want to see me is because you still have feelings", to which I didn't respond.  At about one she sends me a text saying "you missed your chance".  

Man, if it were a year ago I would have been ecstatic about trying to rekindle something with her.  Now it just irritates me. 

Holy shit, so I think my ex-wife was trying to hook up with me last night.  Jesus H Fuck.  She sent me a text while I was at work asking me to come meet her out for a drink to catch up before she moves cuz she has an interview in Colorado this week.  I told her I had plans, but would actually really like to meet up and I'd make it up to her.  She then proceeded to rip into me about how I'm probably going to go hang out with a girl, to which I told her I was and that if she'd like to talk about it in a mature manner I would love to.  She then proceeds to send me drunk texts throughout the night, like "I'm single, you're single", going into angrier territory like "whoever the girl you're with now isn't as cool as me and the only reason you don't want to see me is because you still have feelings", to which I didn't respond.  At about one she sends me a text saying "you missed your chance".  

Man, if it were a year ago I would have been ecstatic about trying to rekindle something with her.  Now it just irritates me. 

I'd tell her if she wants it before before she leaves then give you a call. But I don't know how much time until she leaves and if it's for an interview, might not be permanent. Probably not worth the drama. Stick with the new girl.

I also have never been married so I don't know if this is interesting to you or would just be trouble. But I'm single and if an ex said "come get it before I leave the state" I'd take the offer. Just not until right before she left.

i think everyon does at one point in their life. hell i only own 4 pairs of shoes. 1 for going out casually, 1 for dress, one for hitting the streets during fests, and 1 for work. need to get some running shoes soon though.

not sure what was said past this post but shoes can suck a dick.  i own 2.  one for work and one for going out.  once the work ones get fucked my going out become my work and i spend 40 bucks at kohls for my going out.

shit i don't even go out.  pretty sure i am going to make my work pair my going out ones.  word.

I'd tell her if she wants it before before she leaves then give you a call. But I don't know how much time until she leaves and if it's for an interview, might not be permanent. Probably not worth the drama. Stick with the new girl.

I also have never been married so I don't know if this is interesting to you or would just be trouble. But I'm single and if an ex said "come get it before I leave the state" I'd take the offer. Just not until right before she left.

I wouldn't be able to just have sex with her, not even an option.  We were each other's first loves, and I know I still love her, I probably always will, pretty sure the same goes the other way as well.  If I were to get into the bone zone with her it would open far too many doors that I've spent a lot of time, effort, and emotion attempting to close and keep closed.  I'm irritated that she put me in that sort of position, and also extremely irritated that she turned herself into that person last night- she's an extremely smart, responsible, and moral girl; without the alcohol and loneliness she would never ever venture into the territory she did last night.  She really is a good girl (she waited until marriage with me).  

Either way, stoked at myself that I handled it very calmy and rationally and didn't let old emotions get in the way.  Apparently new chick must be pretty awesome for me to ditch a sure thing with my ex just to play a couple games of pool with her. 

Finally '86ed the chump stuff with my friend, ended up in sexy town last night. 

Note: Friend from V-Day heh.

Interesting follow up, other friend just went crazy cause she thought that me and this friend are officially dating (when we had decided to keep things on the DL and not at all serious, so no not officially dating just want to fool around and have sexy fun times.). Crazy thought that since her and I were hanging out a lot more that there were romantic intentions even when I said explicitly that there were not. Crazy went on to drag my friend into it all and now my friend is super upset cause it is drama that she never wanted/deserved. I'm flabbergasted that Crazy acted this way and has written both me and my friend off. She sent my friend text conversations that she and I had, obviously cherry picking parts while making me out to be a scumbag I imagine. Crazy has even posted the drama on tumblr in an effort to I dunno conjure up sympathy from others.. talk about major High School level bullshit. I thought we were adults, I thought girls grew out of this shit, I thought if you are open and honest that everyone will understand and accept. This is fucked up beyond comprehension. 

I've been open, honest and supportive with my friend. I don't think throwing my friendship away with this girl is worth this petty drama. I'm happy that Crazy is out of the picture for me all together. However, I feel that future rides to sexy town with my friend may have been delayed if not for now but indefinitely. Gonna just give it time to cool off with my friend and hopefully we can get back to progressing things along. 

Da fuq does a guy have to do to have sexy fun time any more?

Edited by roadmonkey

here's a good one.  i'll keep it short as possible. 

i am 31.  successful. (using loosely - not rich $$$, but have a good career, ability to move around).   i travel a few times a year domestically, usually for 3-4 weeks and back home.  live and based in chicago area. 

she is 30.  chicago.  successful (career oriented).  i feel better career than mine - travels globally - once a quarter for 2-3 weeks - typically to Europe and China.  

her and i have known each other since our college days -  going on 9-10 years.  hung out in college.. and  we started talking more in July 2012... now "seeing" each other and doing adult couple things - started REALLY talking in december.  stayed at her house overnight for the first time in January. 

i have received a conditional offer for a career move to orlando (1,200 miles away) pending background check (employment, credit, criminal, driving, etc).   it's going to pass - then i'll have the formal offer/acceptance.  we already talked salary, time frame, etc. 

i have not told her that i have this conditional offer (received last friday) as she has been in Hong Kong and Beijing for work and want that to be the least of her worries while on business - but coming back tomorrow.  

of course I am going to tell her about the offer.  she knows i had interviewed down there.

what the heck do i do?  the move is coming... it's inevitable.  i am taking the formal offer when it is offered.  

she's a good gal and we get along well. future potential.  would love some guy and gal perspective and thought on this.  try and work on this or since it's really only a few months old, not worth it?  worth it for her?  me?  known her for 10ish years, so that helps.  i'm sure others here have dealt with a big move.

because I'm a hopeless romantic, I feel like if you think there is a future there, then you really need to do what it takes to ensure that future.  a job is a job, they come and they go, you obviously already have a pretty good job. see what her thoughts are on the matter as well, see what kind of affect it has on her.