MAN ADVICE

we like being ignored, it makes us work harder.

also, have you met this girl in person already? are you getting catfished?

met her.  she's a friend of a friend, as well.  no possible catfish.

get over being ignored.  when you're 40 and start showing age and your dude starts ignoring you, you're gonna wish you set a better precedent.

thanks for clarifying.  i'm glad that is the most reasonable explanation.  it makes no goddamn sense, WHICH IS WHY GUYS HAVE TO PLAY THESE STUPID GAMES.  i have to dog this chick so she gets interested.  being interested and available and charming doesn't work for modern women.  it's horseshit.  "hey, i'd really like to take you out on a date.  we'll get dinner and a drink, walk around town and goof off, get another drink and talk about something we probably shouldn't talk about on the first date.  yea, i'll bring a flower AND i'll walk you home."  "eh, i'm busy."  gimme a fuckin' break, women.

....... i have been on both sides of this scenario.....

met her. she's a friend of a friend, as well. no possible catfish.

get over being ignored. when you're 40 and start showing age and your dude starts ignoring you, you're gonna wish you set a better precedent.

We like it, doesn't mean I think it makes sense. I don't understand it either.

the wife finally got herself a new apartment on tuesday.

she came by with a truck tonight and took about half our furniture, a few records, and a good chunk of our cds and movies.

this has been a day i've been dreading since she left, and even tho it was very emotionally draining, it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought.

so after a year of being broken up with my girlfriend who i still wanted to be with (she wanted to be with me too) shits just to complicated. She finally told me last night that she doesnt want to be with me. Im crushed ive been feeling like shit for pretty much a year and now its 10 times worse. I really thought I was going to spend my life with her. But apparently she doesnt want me anymore. I dont know how I'm suppose to get over her. And she told me she wants to be friends and that she really needs me in her life? It doesnt make sense to me, I think she just wants to keep me around so Its harder for me to get over her or something cynical like that.

so after a year of being broken up with my girlfriend who i still wanted to be with (she wanted to be with me too) shits just to complicated. She finally told me last night that she doesnt want to be with me. Im crushed ive been feeling like shit for pretty much a year and now its 10 times worse. I really thought I was going to spend my life with her. But apparently she doesnt want me anymore. I dont know how I'm suppose to get over her. And she told me she wants to be friends and that she really needs me in her life? It doesnt make sense to me, I think she just wants to keep me around so Its harder for me to get over her or something cynical like that.

Why do girls do this. My freaking ex told me the same thing. Can someone explain how people can assume that it is easy/possible to take a huge step backwards from a loving relationship to being friends as if it didn't matter. 

My advice. set her number/e-mail as Spam on your phone/e-mail account, go hang with buds and do shit you want to do. Keep yer chin up dude, you'll get over her eventually. 

See from your profile you are 20. Was this your first partner (at least first "real" partner, not someone you just had a high school fling with)? Everyone's first break up feels absolutely horrible. You just don't have anything to compare the relationship to so you don't see the problems with it. It will get better with time.

I don't know. That's not any poetic way to put it or anything. You are 20. You should be looking forward, not backward. Block the phone number, delete the facebook page, and don't try and be friends. Trust me, it's damn near impossible. When you distance yourself from the relationship and get your head on straight, you can rekindle a friendship. Trying to stay friends and move on at the same time is trouble.

Ask a friend to set you up and even if you have no long term interest in that person, go out a few times with them. Just tell them up front that you are coming out of a relationship and just looking to start slow and rediscover yourself. It will help a lot.

Why do girls do this. My freaking ex told me the same thing. Can someone explain how people can assume that it is easy/possible to take a huge step backwards from a loving relationship to being friends as if it didn't matter. 

My advice. set her number/e-mail as Spam on your phone/e-mail account, go hang with buds and do shit you want to do. Keep yer chin up dude, you'll get over her eventually. 

It means she just wants to see other people. At some point she will realize the single life isn't for her and go back to old reliable.

if she knows how you feel about her and she still says she wants to be friends right now, etc, then she really doesn't care about you that much. she just subconciously wants to keep you on the hook for whatever reason. girls are dumb. it's dumb girl logic. 'even if i dont want you, i don't really want any other girl to have you. unless i get a new boyfriend. then i might change my mind.'

cut that girl out of your life. explain why. if she understands, then maybe you can be friends again some day down the road after you've gotten over her.

Think sinister is a gay female (said "girlfriend" in post and profile says "female"). Probably makes things a little harder, since there are a lot fewer gay people out there than straight, so fewer potential dates.

The advice is still good, though. Gotta get back out there. I'm sure there is a way to find someone.

yea im gay, and thanks. I told her im not gunna be friends with her because its too hard and she said then i really dont give a shit about her but im pretty sure its the opposite. And she cut me out of every online social media thing or whatever a long time ago, which is good because that stuff does make you crazy. And I have alot of friends who are gay but im not really interested in dating right now and I dont really like hanging out with them its depressing when they all have girlfriends and shit. Idk homosexual problems...

Also yea, she was my first real relationship and we were together for 2 years.. I thought if I was going to get over her I would have by now. So I dont know if its gunna happen or not

You really haven't started to get over her it sounds like. I fully understand it is easier said than done. I know the feeling. But you are not the first person in the world to experience this. Take advice from people who are a little older and have done this a couple times. Dating / relationships are like anything else in the world. You get better at it with experience (to the people who stay with one person their whole life, don't take that as me saying that no one should be with their first love. Only if it is perfect, which this situation obviously isn't).

Even if your head is yelling at you "I don't want to date anyone else" get set up, give it a good five dates / hang outs / whatever. Then regroup. Sitting at home alone on a Friday, feeling sad, and waiting to see if any late night texts from her are going to come in is not going to help.

yea im gay, and thanks. I told her im not gunna be friends with her because its too hard and she said then i really dont give a shit about her but im pretty sure its the opposite. And she cut me out of every online social media thing or whatever a long time ago, which is good because that stuff does make you crazy. And I have alot of friends who are gay but im not really interested in dating right now and I dont really like hanging out with them its depressing when they all have girlfriends and shit. Idk homosexual problems...

Also yea, she was my first real relationship and we were together for 2 years.. I thought if I was going to get over her I would have by now. So I dont know if its gunna happen or not

at this point it seems like moving on is your first step.  shit is definitely hard, and it becomes even harder when the person you love the most is dangling you by a string.  that's great that you aren't subscribed to any social media outlets involving her, that makes it that much harder.  the only healthy way to move forward is a clean break with zero communication, which just so happens to be the hardest way.

It hurts like hell, but you'll eventually find someone again. I'm sorry she's dragged it out for so long on you but be strong. Silly to quote a midtown album but living well IS the best revenge

go back and have a look at my novel in the confessions thread. 

i got into that relationship at 19, the final breakup was two years ago, and i guess you can say i'm still not over it.

it sucks now. it's going to suck. the only thing that makes it suck less is doing whatever you can to ignore how much it sucks.

definitely avoid the friendship. even if she insists, that's where you have to put your foot down.

my bad! i just erroneously assume that everyone on here is a bearded male.

sometimes it takes a long time to get over someone, especially if you think that there may be the possibility of getting back together (i.e. 'let's still be friends, i need you!)

thanks for the advice, I'm just gunna try to forget her right now and move on. I feel like if I go on a date or start seeing someone too soon I'm just gunna be reminded of her. Ry what page does your novel start? I'll give it a look. And I really hope I'm over it a year from now, because that would fucking suck if I'm not. Also I'd like to listen to that Midtown record right now but my cat fucked up my receiver :(

thanks for the advice, I'm just gunna try to forget her right now and move on. I feel like if I go on a date or start seeing someone too soon I'm just gunna be reminded of her. Ry what page does your novel start? I'll give it a look. And I really hope I'm over it a year from now, because that would fucking suck if I'm not. Also I'd like to listen to that Midtown record right now but my cat fucked up my receiver :(

It's amazing what just of a month with absolutely zero contact can do.  When I went through something similar, I also wrote a daily journal (which I had never done before) and it really helped get out all of those thoughts going around in my head.