MAN ADVICE

I feel like suchashorttime is going to leave us hanging. I've had no man drama for months. bigbruise is the least dramatic person I've ever met

what am i leaving you hanging about?

is shorttime flirting with buttbutt? I feel sexual tension in this thread

.........between multiple people.

where's all that sexual tension at?

wow, I've missed so much while I was away from the internet. THANKS FOR TELLING ME ALL OF THIS WAS GOING ON, DUDE.

futurekills is spot on! It's like she's inside my head. Thanks, girl.

Me and this dude are friends, not best friends. But I'm not just going to ignore him all of a sudden without first telling him what's going on. I'm just going to distance myself. Maybe later on we can talk again, but it's too hard right now. Whenever we do hang out, it's never like a date. We'll get lunch, talk about what's going on in life, get coffee, walk around. Normal stuff, but then we just end up spending the whole day together and shit happens. It's been 4 years. I don't think it's fair to either of us to just keep falling back on each other like this anymore.

Also, after ugly crying and smoking last night, my head feels a lot clearer now. Thanks, everyone, for the advice.

How do I meet new people/make new friends in the suburbs? All my friends are at college and shit so when Im home I literally do fucking nothing and I hate it. Im tired of being bored all the time and alone. Keep in mind I dont drink, so the bar scene is kinda out of the question.

start drinking?  join a book club?  crossfit?  neighborhood watch?  knitting club?  play DDR at the arcade?  jesus dude.  i grew up in the suburbs of nj and this was never a problem.

How do I meet new people/make new friends in the suburbs? All my friends are at college and shit so when Im home I literally do fucking nothing and I hate it. Im tired of being bored all the time and alone. Keep in mind I dont drink, so the bar scene is kinda out of the question.

Similar situation only to  more severe degree. Very isolated up here, all my friends moved away, no one here who shares my interests. I also don't drink so it rules out the bar and whatnot. I honestly don't know man hahaha still figuring that shit out... Start to enjoy your solitude somehow, maybe? I've sort of been trying to teach myself to read Japanese, but it's a slowwww climb.

start drinking?  join a book club?  crossfit?  neighborhood watch?  knitting club?  play DDR at the arcade?  jesus dude.  i grew up in the suburbs of nj and this was never a problem.

Start drinking is terrible advice... (unless mmmmmmaybe you are taking up wine tasting, to become a Grand Sommelier.) The rest seem decent though... growing up is a different situation, this stuff tends to happen as you get older, people grow apart. One day you notice and it never really changes, I don't think.

Maybe find a D&D crew and roll with them? Hahahahaha. I dunno, here I am hanging out on the VC board.

Oh I just remembered this... consider going to the bar sober man! Go to the bar/parties sober! It sounds retarded but I'm actually serious, here's why...

This is unverified but I have a buddy who recently went into treatment with a very high profile drug councillor... Dude councils tons of high-profile people up here in Canada (Toronto) Like Politicians, NHL players, etc. That type of thing... so apparently this councillor was telling my buddy that these days women love a guy who stays sober, even at a bar, cause it means you're in control. I mean it's probably not going to get you anywhere with your typical bar-fly, and you prob don't want that anyway, since you don't drink. But there might be some cool people there who take a liking to you. I dunno could be disastrous so take it with a grain of salt, and could be awkward, but if you're confident it'll play right into what I was saying before.

On the other hand this might be the most retarded advice ever since if you don't drink you prob don't wanna be around a bunch of people who are, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning. Prob depends how bored you are, and what else comes up hahahaha.

Things like Crossfit and knitting are prob actually way better advice... more likely to meet people who are like-minded, I think... If you don't drink I assume you're into staying healthy so Crossfit would be cool and you could meet bros that way, possibly some hotties-wit-da-bodies. Knitting is like, chicks who knit are totally cool IMO, homebodies, probably not likely to drink (like yourself) Filling your day with some sort of activity is probably the most sound advice, what that would be is up to you. That way even if you don't meet anyone would be enjoying yourself/improving skills/learning something, etc.

Start drinking is terrible advice... the rest seem decent though... growing up is a different situation, this stuff tends to happen as you get older, people grow apart. One day you notice and it never really changes, I don't think.

when i first moved to denver i didnt know anyone but my brother and oft-reclusive ex-roommate from college i hadnt seen in 2 years.  i never needed to use this but someone brought meetup.com to my attention and it didn't seem too creepy to be a bad idea.  although i've never tried it, so who knows

...really?   :wacko:

T'was meant to incite a chortle. Not really serious, but the idea is sound. Hanging out at the bar vs. Crossfit ... wayyyy more likely to meet tight-bodies at crossfit. I'm not talking thin/not fat, I'm talking firm and in-shape. ;)

Take up gardening dawg, that way you can reap what you sow. Nothing more rewarding into biting into some veg that you raised yrself... don't know if you'll meet many ppl that way, maybe swap soil tips with some elderly folk?

Go to shows. Meet up with suchashorttime.

Oh I just remembered this... consider going to the bar sober man! Go to the bar/parties sober! It sounds retarded but I'm actually serious, here's why...

This is unverified but I have a buddy who recently went into treatment with a very high profile drug councillor... Dude councils tons of high-profile people up here in Canada (Toronto) Like Politicians, NHL players, etc. That type of thing... so apparently this councillor was telling my buddy that these days women love a guy who stays sober, even at a bar, cause it means you're in control. I mean it's probably not going to get you anywhere with your typical bar-fly, and you prob don't want that anyway, since you don't drink. But there might be some cool people there who take a liking to you. I dunno could be disastrous so take it with a grain of salt, and could be awkward, but if you're confident it'll play right into what I was saying before.

On the other hand this might be the most retarded advice ever since if you don't drink you prob don't wanna be around a bunch of people who are, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning. Prob depends how bored you are, and what else comes up hahahaha.

FWIW, I don't drink and I don't mind going out to bars with friends. I usually refrain from hitting on girls who are drinking though, because of the creepy nature of that.