MAN ADVICE

Ok.. Figured I'd get in with my proposal story..

I was always very slick with remembering little things she mentioned but didn't think I was paying attention to. For instance if we ever stopped and looked at rings I remembered what size she said she wore.. Or something along those lines.. She would go online and look at rings and show me which ones she liked, and I would just laugh about it.

Well I moved about 3 hours away and started thinking about proposing about 3 months later. Got the ring and was trying to figure it out. Well, I decided that I would propose on 11/11.. Didn't tell her family at all, so even they were out of the loop. Her dad happened to get us tickets to the sabres game that night. So, I asked my buddy to see if he could get the proposal on the jumbotron because he did the audio and visual stuff for the games. Unfortunately he wasn't able to because if he did it for me they'd probably get requests to do it every game.

What I ended up doing: I bought a photo snow globe from urban outfitters. They have a foam insert to press the photos up against the plastic and stay in place. I cut a hole in the foam and put the ring inside. On the one side of the foam I wrote on a piece of paper "will you..?" And on the other side I left with the ring showing. When we got home from the game I waited til 11:11 to do it, so we just hung out for like an hour before I did it. So at 11:11 I told her I had a gift for her and she had no idea what it could be. I pulled out the snow globe from my coat and handed it to her. She looked at it and started crying. Her parents were also in Phoenix on vacation. So usually you'd get a "yes, of course," or something along those lines. She says "did you ask my dad?" So her sister who was in the other room here's her crying and comes in to see what's going on. And she starts crying, and my wife says, "but he didn't ask dad." And her sister is like who cares. About a half hour later I finally got a yes, haha.

That actually brings up a good point, asking the dad (if he has a good relationship with both of you) is always a good thing. My dad got permission from my grandfather and while my grandpa would've never been mad at him for not doing it, he scored MAJOR points and my grandpa still brings it up to this day. Just be delicate.

Alright, I'm really at a loss here.

I've been dating this girl since August. Super shy, but so am I. Things have moved at turtle pace. I'm talking I didn't even get a kiss until last month.

Last night we were texting into the wee hours of the night (I work overnight shifts anyhow) and there were definite sexual undertones to the conversation (it dealt mainly with massages and the like). So I was extra pumped for our date tonight. I went over her place and we watched Lawless, then were just chilling on the couch. We have become pretty comfortable with each other in regards to touching and whatnot the last few weeks. She was laying on me and I had my arm around her, and my other hand was on her upper thigh. I was moving my hand up and down her thigh, stopping at the line of her shorts. (They were these little shorts, like a cross between jeans and pajama shorts? goddamn they were hot.) After a couple minutes she starts placing my hands further and further up her legs. After a couple minutes of that, I convinced myself that she really WAS trying to tell me to put my hand down her shorts. What the hell else could she be trying to tell me? I start by caressing her lower hip and stomach area. So far so good. I then reach my fingers just into the edge of her shorts - we're still good. I could feel the heat and tension building. After about a minute of trying to angle and position my hand so I can actually get it down the front of her shorts (they were still buttoned and they weren't really stretchy) I got my hand down. Then she immediately tugged my hand out. We both kinda repositioned and sat/laid together for another half hour or so until I left. Not a word was mentioned about it.

I don't know what to make of it... I'm just really confused about the whole thing. It might not seem like the biggest deal, but I'm so into this chick it's ridiculous. She's adorable, beautiful, funny, intelligent, an artist... The real deal.

Rookie mistake bro. Always gotta give a little rub over the pants to see if shes cool with it, then if she is, you go for in the pants. C'mon man!

I usually judge a date successful if a few criteria have been met.

2. Lunch/Dinner is paid by her

If any of those criteria are met in my opinion it was a successful date. If just the criteria of #5 was met it was successful for just me.

I like your style.... (I know Im late to some of these, Ive been busy. Just catching up!)

reading about asking the father gave me kind of a "moment" last night.

i was thinking back to when things got really really rough at the end of a relationship.. i think it was a fight we had about me and her family not getting along. and i remember telling her "listen, i know what i have to do". i was going to call her dad, and take some time to sit down with him and let him know how much i loved her, and how badly i wanted things to work out between us... just to kind of break any tension between he and i (even though we were okay.. it was her shitty aunts and uncles that i couldn't take. and the children).

but i fucking pussed out. shortly after, things came to a vile end, and it's my fault for not just being able to man-up and do what needed to be done.

Alright, I'm really at a loss here.

I've been dating this girl since August. Super shy, but so am I. Things have moved at turtle pace. I'm talking I didn't even get a kiss until last month.

Last night we were texting into the wee hours of the night (I work overnight shifts anyhow) and there were definite sexual undertones to the conversation (it dealt mainly with massages and the like). So I was extra pumped for our date tonight. I went over her place and we watched Lawless, then were just chilling on the couch. We have become pretty comfortable with each other in regards to touching and whatnot the last few weeks. She was laying on me and I had my arm around her, and my other hand was on her upper thigh. I was moving my hand up and down her thigh, stopping at the line of her shorts. (They were these little shorts, like a cross between jeans and pajama shorts? goddamn they were hot.) After a couple minutes she starts placing my hands further and further up her legs. After a couple minutes of that, I convinced myself that she really WAS trying to tell me to put my hand down her shorts. What the hell else could she be trying to tell me? I start by caressing her lower hip and stomach area. So far so good. I then reach my fingers just into the edge of her shorts - we're still good. I could feel the heat and tension building. After about a minute of trying to angle and position my hand so I can actually get it down the front of her shorts (they were still buttoned and they weren't really stretchy) I got my hand down. Then she immediately tugged my hand out. We both kinda repositioned and sat/laid together for another half hour or so until I left. Not a word was mentioned about it.

I don't know what to make of it... I'm just really confused about the whole thing. It might not seem like the biggest deal, but I'm so into this chick it's ridiculous. She's adorable, beautiful, funny, intelligent, an artist... The real deal.

(since quoting, as we all know isnt working, ill just change the color of original post)

perhaps she was on her period and didnt want to mention it but rather just remove your hand. girls know guys dont like to hear that shit.

(since quoting, as we all know isnt working, ill just change the color of original post)

perhaps she was on her period and didnt want to mention it but rather just remove your hand. girls know guys dont like to hear that shit.

This. I've had this happen to me before, but I'm super blunt and I'll just ask. They looked shocked, I tell them in not so many words, that I'm a horny bastard and thats what condoms are for. Never fingers though.

i'd probably die out of fear before i ever talked to my gf's dad about marrying her.

But, you look so good in the eyes of the father and family. Plus if its something you feel you have to do and the girl is worth it, its kind of like part of the process. Ask dad, engagement, marry. My ex-wifes father was thrilled I asked him. Now probably not so much. haha.

reading about asking the father gave me kind of a "moment" last night.

i was thinking back to when things got really really rough at the end of a relationship.. i think it was a fight we had about me and her family not getting along. and i remember telling her "listen, i know what i have to do". i was going to call her dad, and take some time to sit down with him and let him know how much i loved her, and how badly i wanted things to work out between us... just to kind of break any tension between he and i (even though we were okay.. it was her shitty aunts and uncles that i couldn't take. and the children).

but i fucking pussed out. shortly after, things came to a vile end, and it's my fault for not just being able to man-up and do what needed to be done.

I wouldn't blame yourself, it sounds like the father wasn't the one who had the issue and it likely wouldn't have changed anything.

i'd probably die out of fear before i ever talked to my gf's dad about marrying her.

If the dad is a shithead and will be a pain in the ass through the entire marriage then yeah but it's not that hard to be on good terms with your girlfriends dad as long as you treat his daughter well and respect him. It might take time but usually he'll come around, though there will always be that one dad who has to be an asshole.

I've known this girl for a year or so and never really got into relationship info until about last month. I just went up to her and said " If you didn't have a boyfriend I'd be all over you" And she just looked at me dumbfounded and said "well I kind of don't" That same night I got her phone number and we've been hanging out a few nights a week for the last month.