MAN ADVICE

True, though I never cheated on the ex wife. She cheated on me, while working on things, living seperate and me paying her bills/school she was busy and got knocked up by him. (We had no sexual contact for 3 months or so) she now lives the broke 2 kids no job trailer park lifestyle. I'm sure she lived for a year off selling her crazy expensive comics, figures, statues and other thousands of dollars in junk I bought her over the years and that she needed a uhaul to move.

heh, my ex slept with someone while we were in counseling. but by then i'd already cheated on her so things were not going to end well either way

Where was your first date/first time you met? Also, be careful doing it in front of a bunch of people you both know because it can get awkward really quick in a worst case scenario.

Can't think of a better way to word that haha

i've thought of that but we met at school, so going back to our old class wouldn't be super romantic, and our first date was a restaurant that they demolished this summer. I wanted to do it at a modest mouse concert since they're her favorite band, but they almost never play shows anymore.

i've thought of that but we met at school, so going back to our old class wouldn't be super romantic, and our first date was a restaurant that they demolished this summer. I wanted to do it at a modest mouse concert since they're her favorite band, but they almost never play shows anymore.

A buddy of mine proposed to his girlfriend in front of a classroom building at school. Not sure if that's where they met or what, but it worked for them.

Don't feel like you have to propose in a public place. Not all girls like being put on the spot like that. (In fact, I'd say most people don't like that kind of public attention.)

I proposed to my wife on the balcony of our hotel room in Vegas on her birthday. It was just the two of us, a bottle of champagne and a ring (and a whole shit-ton of neon lights in the background). Had I done something ridiculous like propose to her during an Andrew W.K. show onstage (something I seriously considered), she would've killed me.

Honestly as of right now my plan is just to go out to a nice dinner and do it, but that feels so cliche so idk

Just do something meaningful for the two of you. Don't go for flash; be yourself.

A lot of women are really against being proposed to in a public place. It's usually better to have a meaningful date or something done in a romantic setting when you pop the question. And remember the more extravagant the proposal the more you will have to live up to throughout your marriage.

so it wasn't until late last night that i kind of put some pieces of info together from the date.

the night we met was the first time she had gone out since moving back to this area. which means it was the first time going out since she left her boyfriend that she was living with in vermont to come back home. so that couldn't have happened more than like a month ago..

but she's initiated most of the texting, and i think we're meeting up again for reggae night on thursday.

No, I played a show with him a couple years back and he left before the openers played, came back drunk, and spent the majority of the time he was there hitting on my then wife. It sucked a lot because prior to that evening I was a huge fan. The evening started with me telling him I really dug his album, him hardly responding, then ended with me asking him to stop hitting on my wife.

No, I played a show with him a couple years back and he left before the openers played, came back drunk, and spent the majority of the time he was there hitting on my then wife. It sucked a lot because prior to that evening I was a huge fan. The evening started with me telling him I really dug his album, him hardly responding, then ended with me asking him to stop hitting on my wife.

Party foul but at least your wife was worth hitting on, take it as a rather annoying compliment. I understand why you were pissed though

Ok.. Figured I'd get in with my proposal story..

I was always very slick with remembering little things she mentioned but didn't think I was paying attention to. For instance if we ever stopped and looked at rings I remembered what size she said she wore.. Or something along those lines.. She would go online and look at rings and show me which ones she liked, and I would just laugh about it.

Well I moved about 3 hours away and started thinking about proposing about 3 months later. Got the ring and was trying to figure it out. Well, I decided that I would propose on 11/11.. Didn't tell her family at all, so even they were out of the loop. Her dad happened to get us tickets to the sabres game that night. So, I asked my buddy to see if he could get the proposal on the jumbotron because he did the audio and visual stuff for the games. Unfortunately he wasn't able to because if he did it for me they'd probably get requests to do it every game.

What I ended up doing: I bought a photo snow globe from urban outfitters. They have a foam insert to press the photos up against the plastic and stay in place. I cut a hole in the foam and put the ring inside. On the one side of the foam I wrote on a piece of paper "will you..?" And on the other side I left with the ring showing. When we got home from the game I waited til 11:11 to do it, so we just hung out for like an hour before I did it. So at 11:11 I told her I had a gift for her and she had no idea what it could be. I pulled out the snow globe from my coat and handed it to her. She looked at it and started crying. Her parents were also in Phoenix on vacation. So usually you'd get a "yes, of course," or something along those lines. She says "did you ask my dad?" So her sister who was in the other room here's her crying and comes in to see what's going on. And she starts crying, and my wife says, "but he didn't ask dad." And her sister is like who cares. About a half hour later I finally got a yes, haha.