Storing Records At School?

I'm curious how you guys do the whole college thing with records. Just started late in the year, and I didn't have a player there, so this year will be the first time I'm going to need to do this. What do you guys do? I keep them in a bookshelf at home, so I can't really transport that. I'm trying to think of the best way to do this.

In a dorm room? Its a bitch. I just got some milk crates and made sure they stayed under my bed.

Yeah, I was pretty much thinking that crates would be the best way to go with it. And then not go with my whole collection.

Luckily I'm in a suite this year, so there's a little more room, but yeah. Pretty much a dorm room.

Aah, college. I just brought my shitload of cds with me, left the vinyl at home. Man, that doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I can't believe I'm turning 30 next week. Sunrise....sunset

It's just tough because I've spent so much money on it in the past six months, that to not have it 8/12 months of the year feels like a total waste.

Started buying vinyl when I was 16 and for years I kept them in milk crates stolen from behind a supermarket. Moved three times within a couple years with them and never had any damage at all. Best advice I got: Definitely keep em in a spot where no roommates/housemates will fuck with them /play them/spill beer on them.. Can't tell you how much shit of mine my roomate replaced from breaking/misuse, but I would have straight killed the fool if he fucked up my valuable LPs

With an expedit, approximately how many records fit on a shelf? I'm considering buying one but don't know how many shelved I'll need

I fit about 60 in each cube, packed reasonably tight (tight enough that they are all upright, but loose enough so that they slide out easily). See here.