$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

You've added one deal. One thing. Bearchuck and I are constantly making this board a better place, where you just look pathetic reaching for any acceptance. Move on.

Regardless of how they act (or how you perceive their actions) ajxd and bearchuck really do contribute a lot to the boards on a regular basis and I know that I have personally gone to ajxd for help and advice and he took the time to write really detailed explanations with solid recommendations when he could've told me to get bent. Don't act like they're adversely affecting the boards because you're taking an internet argument too seriously and neither side is willing to let it go.

I'd also like to point off that only one of you is actually getting upset or defensive about this whole thing. I wish that everyone took the internet less seriously on here, maybe we'd have less petty drama.

TL;DR: Dear Dream Journal, Big Stinky Hairy Muff is the hero VC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Maybe one day I'll get to touch a boob.

Dear Dream Journal,

A couple days ago I whined about a guy who was going to give out information to VC on how to possibly save over $100 on a Carbon because he wouldnt give it out immediately and I was just too impatient to handle it. Turns out he was correct in his assumption that the deal wouldnt last once word leaked out but I dont care about him or the time he took to figure it out because (like the rest of my generation) I need everything NOW NOW NOW. Nevermind the many hundreds of dollars he collectively saved a number of people, hes still a jerk.

Today I complained about another person who took the time to point out how this thread had become diluted by arguing and suggested this thread stick back to the original point. I weaved in a few sorry ass VC cliches to try and win my argument but sadly I lost.

Now Im gonna play the whole "I give out tons of information so Im superior to the rest" card before I go to bed with your sweet lovely pages under my Care Bears pillow and dream about who else on VC I can try and fight with tomorrow.

Signed,

Internet Tough Guy

Ha ha ... jokes on you. I don't have a dream journal. OH, FACE!

McIntosh! Can't believe I forgot them.

In my quest to be as annoying as possible, I missed a few things in this thread. McIntosh makes turntables? Or are you just talking about American audio companies.

If someone gave me $2000 to spend on a new turntable, I'm pretty sure that I'd get a VPI Scout. It's just a beautiful machine that pretty much gets rave reviews across the board. I also really like the fact that it's an American company that puts a lot of stock into top-notch customer service.

In my quest to be as annoying as possible, I missed a few things in this thread. McIntosh makes turntables? Or are you just talking about American audio companies.

If someone gave me $2000 to spend on a new turntable, I'm pretty sure that I'd get a VPI Scout. It's just a beautiful machine that pretty much gets rave reviews across the board. I also really like the fact that it's an American company that puts a lot of stock into top-notch customer service.

Me too.

I think I meant the Traveler. Maybe used. But yes.

Reviews are starting to come in on the Traveler, and by all accounts it's an extremely nice entry-level turntable in the VPI lineup. I bet if you wait a little bit, you'll start to find lightly-used units pop up on craigslist, audiogon, etc etc for somewhere in the $800 - $900 range. That's obviously not chump change, but if you're ready to make that commitment to taking the next step, you could probably do a lot worse than the Traveler.