$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

I've never read a single review saying it was a big upgrade. I've read a lot if reviews saying that it does make and improvement, others saying its a nice speed changing option. Read any audio site about power supply upgrades. They all say the same. Either it helps or it doesn't.

I am willing to bet if I did a blind test of my system with and without a Speed Box, 99% of the members here couldn't tell the difference. Me included.

I've never read a single review saying it was a big upgrade. I've read a lot if reviews saying that it does make and improvement, others saying its a nice speed changing option. Read any audio site about power supply upgrades. They all say the same. Either it helps or it doesn't.

I am willing to bet if I did a blind test of my system with and without a Speed Box, 99% of the members here couldn't tell the difference. Me included.

Sounds good, guess Ill go with the platter upgrade first then.

I'd say more "entry level audiophile." which is pretty much mid-level on a larger scale. looks like the stylus on the kickstarter has now been upgraded to the 5e instead of the 3e.

I spent $600+ on my table and I feel like I barely scratch the entry-level area. $200 is consumer level. If you can buy it at Best Buy...

I spent $600+ on my table and I feel like I barely scratch the entry-level area. $200 is consumer level. If you can buy it at Best Buy...

yes, but with all due respect, you are kind of an audio snob from what I've gathered. not that this is a bad thing, I wish I could afford to be. I'm thinking about selling my guitar amp rig to pay for a high quality table. should be able to get 2 grand out of it.

I'll take audio snob. I prefer audio-enthusiat. Don't a fan of the term audiophile.

$2k can get you a lot. A better integrated, a better table, better speakers.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try to unload my amp. When the time comes to make a serious investment, I plan on PMing you for consult. I know guitar amps inside and out, but I know nothing about audio speakers.

yes, but with all due respect, you are kind of an audio snob from what I've gathered. not that this is a bad thing, I wish I could afford to be. I'm thinking about selling my guitar amp rig to pay for a high quality table. should be able to get 2 grand out of it.

I kind of feel like when giving out advice you need to cater to all levels of vinyl enthusiasts. Its easy to say, hey why dont you just go buy this 50k setup? The trick is being able to give good advice to those looking to spend 2k,5k,10k, etc....

Its easy to recommend everyone buy this...

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/kuzma-stabi-xl-turntable-air-line-arm-walker-proscenium-black-diamond-record-player/

I'd say more "entry level audiophile." which is pretty much mid-level on a larger scale. looks like the stylus on the kickstarter has now been upgraded to the 5e instead of the 3e.

thats what im saying. like its just a solid table. nothing horrible about it, nothing amazing, gets the job done haha

That Kuzma table is made by a Slovenian guy. It's supposed to be one of the top players in the world, but I've never been in the same room with one. His entry level model Stabi S is on my shortlist though.